Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFever

OT: PBA and CenturyLink in World's Top 100 Venues

Interesting data point. In terms of 2017 ticket sales, PBA finished 85th (45th in the U.S.) along with CenturyLink 78th (41st in the U.S.). I'm reading into it, but I don't think this includes non-concert related ticket sales.

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/music/pinnacle-bank-arena-among-world-s-top-venues/article_e47aba71-37af-59cb-93aa-fc1e64685ad1.html

I always found it ironic that the Gophers football team can't sell out TCF Bank stadium (a paltry 45,000) in a Metro area of 3 million, and yet we sell out EVERYTHING in a STATE with less than 2 million. There are many and varied reasons for that but put simply, we give a s**t.

20 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I always found it ironic that the Gophers football team can't sell out TCF Bank stadium (a paltry 45,000) in a Metro area of 3 million, and yet we sell out EVERYTHING in a STATE with less than 2 million. There are many and varied reasons for that but put simply, we give a s**t.

I assume you're alluding to the wide array of entertainment options within the Minneapolis metro. And I can't say for sure, since it's been awhile since I've been there, but it seems that it's becoming more of a transplant city. So the density of fan support may be much greater in Nebraska than the Minneapolis metro.

13 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

They have NBA, NHL and NFL franchises that they give a s**t about. College sports is limited to alums in Minneapolis, unless they're making noise on the national stage. NU is blessed by great fans, true, but a large part of the reason is the single focus on us.

Edited by Chuck Taylor