BIG 10 Satndings.

Bugeaters1

Top 9 BIG in RPI after today's games. Michigan has the toughest path with games at Minnesota & home against Maryland, for some reason the polls seem to like them but their RPI is tanking again this season.

OSU: RPI #6 (-1) SOS #3

Maryland: RPI #13 (+4) SOS #50

Iowa: RPI #20 (+2) SOS #20

Rutgers: RPI #25 (-11) SOS #8

Purdue: RPI #40 (-5) SOS #23

Michigan: RPI #44 (-10) SOS #70

Minnesota: RPI #46 (+7) SOS #105

Michigan St: RPI #52 (+7) SOS #19

Nebraska: RPI #63 (-6) SOS #67

if michigan loses brown, it makes a win at minny that much more difficult. while i think michigan can beat minny, it will take one of their better road efforts of the season. having said that, i will not be surprised if michigan drops the next two and that will finish them off for an ncaa bid, if sunday's msu loss didn't already.  (unless they win the BTT).  as good as flaherty has been, she most likely is not going to see an ncaa tourney game. 

i ran a number of different scenarios with "mred's53" bracket thingamajig and majority had iowa getting one of the spots in the double bye, with minny also having a good shot. if iowa and minny would tie, i believe it stated iowa gets the bid because of better round robin wins. while not impossible, i just don't see michigan or purdue getting in a position for a spot. so, i just see it coming down to maryland, ohio state, nebraska, iowa, and minny (with maryland and ohio state taking 2).

with gustafson playing the way she is, i think iowa has great shot at winning out. i had to chuckle a bit during the msu-michigan game when one of the announcers stated something along the line of gustafson having a "quiet, but, impressive season". quiet?!? seems like she has been getting a lot of mention during games i have watched---no matter who is playing. gustafson is right up there in a couple of national categories.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

That's a tough closing stretch for the ladies with 3/4 on the road and finishing at Maryland.  Yeah, they could beat Maryland, but probably the better idea is to get as many wins from middle-of-the-pack conference foes before you head to turtle land.  And road games haven't seemed to be much of an impediment for these ladies, so that's good.

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

The Ladies have been better 'Road Warriors' than the men this year;  If they win @ Michigan State their win streak on the road will extend to TEN  :o:),  going back to the win vs Coastal Carolina on Nov 24th in the San Juan Shootout held at Daytona Beach, FL.

That's saying something, because this has been the best year for road wins in conference for the men since I can't tell you when.

42 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

That's saying something, because this has been the best year for road wins in conference for the men since I can't tell you when.

Talk about the men's team taking it's game to another level....they're the best men's team seen here for decades. I finally gave up my men's team tickets after Nee left, because it was to painful to watch......think how long ago that was. 

That the women's team is reaching for those levels is icing on the basketball cake.....icing I sure didn't expect in Coach Williams second year. Now the football team has new real hope.

And volleyball...is well...NU volleyball ....national champions. 

GBR !!

How great it would be if Both the MBB and WBB wind up with invitations to the NCAA Tournament!    :Hooray:

Bill Moos truly must feel like he has landed in AD Heaven!!!!  He got the Football Coach he was hired to bring in (awaiting only assurances he would be working for a competently run Athletics Department), a Women's NCAA Volleyball Championship, and Both MBB and WBB programs poised for post-season.   Keep 'em coming!   :)

Edited by Red Don

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Well Purdue's RPI takes a hit. Indy beat them 52-44.

yep. with purdue's remaining schedule, i just didn't see them contending for one of the remaining spots regarding the double bye----and, i actually thought the hoosier game would be a 'w' for the boilermakers. after watching that game, i feel a little more confident that the huskers can pull out a 'w' in bloomington. would be so sweet to pull out 2 wins out of the 3 road games left. 

yep. with purdue's remaining schedule, i just didn't see them contending for one of the remaining spots regarding the double bye----and, i actually thought the hoosier game would be a 'w' for the boilermakers. after watching that game, i feel a little more confident that the huskers can pull out a 'w' in bloomington. would be so sweet to pull out 2 wins out of the 3 road games left. 
Indy only plays 7 players and Buss plays the whole game. It will be fun to see how coach Amy game plays Indy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Purdue pulls the upset!!!   75-65

i had a feeling purdue could give maryland all the could handle. purdue does have the athleticism to go after maryland. maryland now goes to minnesota. i wouldn't count minny out since it is at williams arena. i just don't know if minny has the defense to slow maryland down though. could be a real high scoring game.  

Edited by whoopdeedoo