BIG 10 Satndings.

Bugeaters1

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

absolutely looks like losing all your guards to injury has taken its toll on the team. nia hollie has taken over, but, not really her position at msu. for someone as "beefy" as jenna allen, i have seen her get pushed away from the basket far too easy a few times in the last couple of games i have watched. when i watched her play when she was a freshman, i really thought she was going to be a good one for msu. granted, only watched maybe 3 games this season, but, i just haven't seen that allen at all. msu still puts a lot of talent on the floor, but, there are a couple that appear to need an attitude adjustment. merchant has her work cut out for her if they want to avoid the possibility of a collapse.

You talking abot the KU FU fighting chicks from last night. I know one was Agee and the other was Gaines I think.

We have beaten Michigan, Iowa, and Rutgers, losing to Ohio State. We get a rematch @ Iowa on Jan 28th, and we have yet to play Maryland (twice), Purdue (Today) and Michigan State.  :Cheer2:

6 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

DUQaa0JWAAUhHwq.jpg:large

Edited by Red Don

was a little surprised when reading the box score for the osu-iowa game. osu was only 5-23 from the 3pt line and still scored 89. osu only had a lead once according to box score and that was very early in the game. doyle appears to be playing some of her best basketball the past couple games; 21 @ minny and 25 against osu. doyle and meyer combined to shoot 8-14 from the perimeter. i figured iowa was due for one of these games, just wasn't sure who it would be against. the return of meyer appears to be a nice boost for iowa. she was 4-6 from 3pt line. 

the upcoming nebraska-iowa is going to be a tough one. my guess is they split the regular season games. 

maryland had the scare, but, maryland has too much talent and frese is a really good coach----i looked at their remaining schedule and i might see where they could stumble and pick up one more loss. watched a couple of osu's games lately and haven't been real impressed with their body language on the court. wouldn't surprise me if they drop 1 maybe 2 more games. still think maryland and osu finish 1-2. then it is open season for spots 3 and 4 for that double bye in the BTTourney. michigan may grab that 3rd spot, but, i could see a couple more losses for them. the team that intrigues me for a final push would be minny----they have such offensive potential i could see them entering the fray for that double bye. going to be an interesting final few weeks. 

was a little surprised when reading the box score for the osu-iowa game. osu was only 5-23 from the 3pt line and still scored 89. osu only had a lead once according to box score and that was very early in the game. doyle appears to be playing some of her best basketball the past couple games; 21 @ minny and 25 against osu. doyle and meyer combined to shoot 8-14 from the perimeter. i figured iowa was due for one of these games, just wasn't sure who it would be against. the return of meyer appears to be a nice boost for iowa. she was 4-6 from 3pt line. 

the upcoming nebraska-iowa is going to be a tough one. my guess is they split the regular season games. 

maryland had the scare, but, maryland has too much talent and frese is a really good coach----i looked at their remaining schedule and i might see where they could stumble and pick up one more loss. watched a couple of osu's games lately and haven't been real impressed with their body language on the court. wouldn't surprise me if they drop 1 maybe 2 more games. still think maryland and osu finish 1-2. then it is open season for spots 3 and 4 for that double bye in the BTTourney. michigan may grab that 3rd spot, but, i could see a couple more losses for them. the team that intrigues me for a final push would be minny----they have such offensive potential i could see them entering the fray for that double bye. going to be an interesting final few weeks. 
You have to wonder if the minute's are catching up with OSU. Doyle air balled a couple of treys.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i knew they lost blair watson(?) to an acl, but, guess i wasn't aware of other injuries. 
I didn't catch what was said before, all I heard was Maryland has a lot injuries. I wasn't paying that close of attention last night. It could be that the Watson injury was what they were talking about. This was on btn student so who knows.

35 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

You have to wonder if the minute's are catching up with OSU. Doyle air balled a couple of treys.

maybe not with kelsey mitchell. she still got 27. ? i still say they get their "second wind" and finish the season in second. their schedule isn't too difficult---they play at msu, but, with all their injuries....

yes, doyle can get a little out of control/rattled at times. her last two games: 46 pts   15 assists   7 to's   2 blks   3 steals

Edited by whoopdeedoo

maybe not with kelsey mitchell. she still got 27. i still say they get their "second wind" and finish the season in second. their schedule isn't too difficult---they play at msu, but, with all their injuries....

yes, doyle can get a little out of control/rattled at times. her last two games: 46 pts   15 assists   7 to's   2 blks   3 steals

How many shots did it take for her to get 27. It seemed that she shoot a lot.

Of all the players that got away from NU through transfers and decomittments going back to the Page sisters which must total about seven or so in my mind the only one that we miss could be Doyle.  Who knows how that would have worked out.  I like where we are going and our upcoming recruits.

The Iowa game will be a tough one as they have their back to the wall with 4 conference losses.  Getting their main 3 point shooting guard back seems to have given them a big shot in the arm.

I suspect our Iowa defensive scheme will be similar to the last game with them. Have to cover Gustufson (sp) as best we can and play perimeter defense real close, like we have in the last few games. Jasmine, Nicea, and Hannah will have to pressure their guards.  Doyle seems to be trying to carry the guard load for Iowa....by the coaches instructions or her own decision.

We should fully expect Doyle to try to be a force against us...for the obvious reasons. She & Iowa lost the last game with us, (IMHO ...kind of panicked & didn't look so great losing the game) and she doesn't want to lose to the team she left. 

Maybe this is too harsh...but.... from what I've seen of her play...not so sure we'd be better with her here. Our TEAM chemistry is super....would she fit in ?  

Edited by redsteve

42 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Our TEAM chemistry is super....would she fit in ?  

When this season began I thought we would have a lot better team chemistry.  But I can't believe how much it has improved.  Every player cheering for each other and mainly really caring for each other.  The great thing is that doesn't go away game to game and is something we can expect to continue.

If we beat Iowa I think we will end up in the top four in the conference regular season.

I finally got to watch the Husker-Purdue game on BTN Plus Replay last night  (It kept freezing up during live streaming).  Comments on Team Chemistry are Right ON!  Whoever would have thought at this time last year they could be so good (and they are still evolving!   :rolleyes:).  It seems like EVERYONE on the team has stepped-up their game several notches -  It seems that Good Teams make Every player Better.   I don't want to mention Any Names, or performances, because, in my mind,  singling anyone out, or failing to mention anyone would just diminish the overall TEAM!

I think that it's good that we played Iowa before, and this Team will learn from it;  How to play their Best and What it will take to Beat Iowa Again.   I'm really looking forward to this game!  :Cheer2:

Edited by Red Don

4 hours ago, HUD said:

When this season began I thought we would have a lot better team chemistry.  But I can't believe how much it has improved.  Every player cheering for each other and mainly really caring for each other.  The great thing is that doesn't go away game to game and is something we can expect to continue.

If we beat Iowa I think we will end up in the top four in the conference regular season.

i was coming over to mention the same thing about this team. just watch the various videos and see player reaction!!!

4 hours ago, Red Don said:

I finally got to watch the Husker-Purdue game on BTN Plus Replay last night  (It kept freezing up during live streaming).  Comments on Team Chemistry are Right ON!  Whoever would have thought at this time last year they could be so good (and they are still evolving!   :rolleyes:).  It seems like EVERYONE on the team has stepped-up their game several notches -  It seems that Good Teams make Every player Better.   I don't want to mention Any Names, or performances, because, in my mind,  singling anyone out, or failing to mention anyone would just diminish the overall TEAM!

I think that it's good that we played Iowa before, and this Team will learn from it;  How to play their Best and What it will take to Beat Iowa Again.   I'm really looking forward to this game!  :Cheer2:

It is a team game, just look at the volleyball team. They didn't have world beating players, they cared for and played as team. And look at what that got them.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

It is a team game, just look at the volleyball team. They didn't have world beating players, they cared for and played as team. And look at what that got them.

Yeah, they had to play a whole bunch of extra games and spend a really long weekend in Kansas City doing a bunch of extra work.  I feel for those girls.

something i noticed that is a little interesting re: MSU-------after the huskers play wisconsin, they head to michigan state. michigan state is now on a 5 game losing streak and plays @ home against both maryland and michigan (in that order) before they see the huskers. it is very possible the huskers could be playing a team on a 7 game losing streak. michigan has dropped a couple in a row, so, they will be looking to get back on track----they play northwestern at home before heading to michigan state. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo