Road to 20

throwback

8 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

I just went through the majority of brackets on bracket matrix to see if they've been updated (bracket matrix itself hasn't been updated since 1/17, so before the Michigan win). For those brackets that had been updated since then, a couple had us in the "next four out" territory, but most still no mention.

A huge salute to you for doing that. I went through about 20-25 of them yesterday but only about 5 or 6 of those had been updated following the win over Michigan and I found Nebraska in one. And it was showing NU at 19th team out.

37 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

We are in a few "next 4 outs."  Then we are in most "in the mix" "others considered" "next 20" etc.  However most don't do past the first or next 4 out.  Me thinks a win on Monday would bump us up there to first and next 4 out.

Certainly, and probably better than that. If everyone were to update their brackets on Tuesday morning after a Nebraska win, I think we'd be last four in/first four out.

image.png

Road to 20 regular season wins - UPDATED

5 Must Wins

• image.png Wisconsin - WIN
  • image.png Illinois - WIN
  • Iowa
  • Rutgers
  • Indiana

Split These 6

• image.png at Rutgers - WIN
  • at Wisconsin
  • at Minnesota
  • at Illinois
  • Penn St
  • Maryland

image.png Just Get 1

• image.png at Penn St
  • image.png at Ohio St
  • image.png Michigan - WIN

Still right on track - time to cause a few Fran-con-5 level meltdowns Saturday

Man, I don't know how you guys can do or endure this.  I cannot think beyond the next game.  I didn't even know that Iowa was the next game until someone else mentioned it in one of his/her posts.  Win and move on.  Sheesh, I don't know why we just don't win our remaining games and put all questions to rest.

3 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Man, I don't know how you guys can do or endure this.  I cannot think beyond the next game.  I didn't even know that Iowa was the next game until someone else mentioned it in one of his/her posts.  Win and move on.  Sheesh, I don't know why we just don't win our remaining games and put all questions to rest.

No kidding. This year is especially bad because of all the combinations with the weak schedule. We're winning games, and that's more fun that losing. That's as complicated as I'm gonna make it.

5 Must Wins

• image.png Iowa - WIN
  • Rutgers
  • Indiana

Split These 6

• at Wisconsin
  • at Minnesota
  • at Illinois
  • Penn St
  • Maryland

image.png Just Get 1

• image.png at Penn St
  • image.png at Ohio St
  • image.png Michigan - WIN

I believe at this point, Jan 29th,  that 20 or 21 is easily achievable. It's looking up!

But what scares me outta my mind the last 48 hours has been that most of the teams left on our schedule although being worse than us on KP (except Maryland), will all look for revenge wins. On plus side, we already know them this year so prep shouldn't be as difficult. Just hope we weather the storm. *fingers crossed* 

Keep the #Nebrasketball train going, and keep it fun above all!

On 1/20/2018 at 7:41 AM, HuskerActuary said:

I just went through the majority of brackets on bracket matrix to see if they've been updated (bracket matrix itself hasn't been updated since 1/17, so before the Michigan win). For those brackets that had been updated since then, a couple had us in the "next four out" territory, but most still no mention.

Just checked the matrix just now, and it's so strange.... now we've entirely dropped out of the entire matrix, and Penn State as well. For all the hype Penn State had and the nice wins / road record they have, I'm shocked to not see them (and us a ways behind). Mysterious. Something fishy is going on. Or maybe it's just a wide variance.  

Just now, Wolv77 said:

Just checked the matrix just now, and it's so strange.... now we've entirely dropped out of the entire matrix, and Penn State as well. For all the hype Penn State had and the nice wins / road record they have, I'm shocked to not see them (and us a ways behind). Mysterious. Something fishy is going on. Or maybe it's just a wide variance.  

So I think the matrix only shows what teams are actually in and does not account for any bubble action.  We still show up in quite a few first four, next four, and others considered.

6 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

I think this also might have to do with the trend that more bracketologists are currently leaning towards 4 from the Big Ten. You'll notice that Minnesota also isn't on there anymore and Maryland is only in 6 total brackets now out of the 70 on there.

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

So I think the matrix only shows what teams are actually in and does not account for any bubble action.  We still show up in quite a few first four, next four, and others considered.

Ah. That makes sense. Did some poking around on some of the links on that site but didn't fully understand the process. I know it's all new, but I love it so far. Seems fairly accurate. Guess we'll see on selection Sunday.

Also looking forward to see how the new tier system works and how well it does on getting in the teams that deserve it. Not a perfect system and never will be in that respect, that's why we have the NIT. 

4 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

I think this also might have to do with the trend that more bracketologists are currently leaning towards 4 from the Big Ten. You'll notice that Minnesota also isn't on there anymore and Maryland is only in 6 total brackets now out of the 70 on there.

Yeah. I mean objectively I actually agree with them that this is a down year for the B1G, but I could see the argument for 5. Especially with 6 11 seeds. Especially with so many SEC teams, which annoys me to be sure, which means there just isn't enough room for good but not great teams. Idk. Hopefully the hard numbers and eye test win out in the end. I'm cool with whatever result that is. 

5 Must Wins

• image.png Iowa - WIN
  • Rutgers
  • Indiana

Split These 6

• image.png  at Wisconsin - WIN
  • at Minnesota
  • at Illinois