Nebraska (11-5) vs. Purdue (14-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Did you see him the other night when he made a call, a player came up to him to ask what he did wrong. Teddy turned his back to the guy and crossed his arms, and looked into the crowd.

That was North Carolina's Joel Barry, who had been grabbed up the court, as the ball flew the full length of the ball untouched.

Good thing I didn't watch this game or there would've been some busted household items. I listened to Kent & Ben on the radio and just had the feeling the reffing may be a bit slighted when Kent said who was reffing and said DJ Cartensensensensen (maybe there were only 3 "sens") but he said it in a somewhat sarcastic tone. But he also did say that it was good crew. 

Now this team needs to figure out a way to win 8 of the 14 remaining games with 8 of those being at home. I think it is very possible this team wins 9 but don't hold me to that prediction.

On a side note TV Teddy Valentine, per CBSports, is contemplating retirement following his incident(or non-incident in his quote). He was scheduled to do Big 10 games this weekend but was pulled off those assignments. 

I was just thinking today how much I would have been ecstatic to be 2-2 through the first 4 conference games had you told me that was going to happen before the season.

Before the season I wanted 10 non con wins.  That’s because I thought we would be lucky to be 1-3 after the first 4 conference games.  Well we’re 2-2 and got 9 non con wins.  We’re right where I want to be right now.

Could things be better?  Yes... we probably have 1-2 we’d like back.

Could things be worse? Yes!  We have probably won 1-2 that we would have lost in previous years. 

We we have a huge opportunity ahead of us.  When your toughest remaining games are Michigan and Ohio State... there is a big opportunity already being 2-2.  I was down a little after yesterday, but man... looking at the big picture.... you can’t help but get excited.

10 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

We already know we're not in the top two.  Beyond that....let's play some ball!

We are not in the top two...today...let's see how things shake out of the entire year.  One never knows, and injury here, a slump there, who knows.

For example, Purdue has a very good top six, maybe even seven, but if they lose one or the other of their key players, then who knows.

• 2 weeks later...