Nebraska (11-5) vs. Purdue (14-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

NU down 10 at half. Don’t have the stats in front of me but almost certain Jordy was a minus 12 (or worse) for the 6 minutes he was in. Which means NU was was a positive net rating for the 14 minutes Jordy not in game. 

You could also attribute some of that to Haas being in the game.

Just now, trickey said:

This game would be a lot more interesting with calls being the same all over the court.

It seemed like the last 8 minutes, the calls started going both ways.  I think it might be some homerism from us, but it did seem like they were one sided that 1st 12 minutes.

I would like to see us press some.  See how they handle the press.  See if we can get some easy baskets.  Make the big guys run the floor.  Wear them out that way.  We actually haven't done as bad as I thought on defense.  The shooting percentages are nearly identical.  Where we are getting beat is on the boards.  Has allowed 8 more shot attempts by Purdue.  Clean that up, and we can hopefully be within striking distance at the end.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

It seemed like the last 8 minutes, the calls started going both ways.  I think it might be some homerism from us, but it did seem like they were one sided that 1st 12 minutes.

I would like to see us press some.  See how they handle the press.  See if we can get some easy baskets.  Make the big guys run the floor.  Wear them out that way.  We actually haven't done as bad as I thought on defense.  The shooting percentages are nearly identical.  Where we are getting beat is on the boards.  Has allowed 8 more shot attempts by Purdue.  Clean that up, and we can hopefully be within striking distance at the end.

Coincides with when we took our bigs who bog down the middle out.   Creates better spacing for us which limits the way Purdue wants to try to play (physical)

And I actually think Tshimanga can/will be good next season, but right now he is so weak with the basketball, he is so weak when he needs to get into position to rebound both offensively and defensively, and he looks slow/unfocused on defense. Honestly, he looks like the kid in jr high that grew 6 inches over summer and is still waiting for their coordination to catch up.

13 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m not sure why Miles continues to start Jordy if the plan is once he makes his first two mistakes he gets yanked right away for Duby. 

He's been pulling him out after the first 4 minutes regardless for the last several games