Gopher Reggie Lynch Suspended Until 2020

aphilso1

Yup, the following comes down to institutional control, and that is something that unfortunately, appears to be lacking.

"Gopher athletics knew about Reggie Lynch & his behavior from the beginning. I literally sat them down last year & brought it to their attention even further," Honold wrote on Twitter. "They know there are multiple victims. They knew about this active report. They still did nothing."

I spent 20+ years in the Twin Cities and this is a program notoriously plagued by scandal ( least we forget all wins were vacated after the '97 Final Four season). This kid is beyond having some "issues" and should get the boot for good. Basketball wise Goldy just lost the B1G defensive player of the year.

3 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Yup, the following comes down to institutional control, and that is something that unfortunately, appears to be lacking.

"Gopher athletics knew about Reggie Lynch & his behavior from the beginning. I literally sat them down last year & brought it to their attention even further," Honold wrote on Twitter. "They know there are multiple victims. They knew about this active report. They still did nothing."

The climate out there right now with sexual assaults makes this a no brainer to investigate every acusation.  Lynch should not have been allowed to play until he had been cleared.  Women are scared to report these crimes, fearing retribution.  However, this past year women are claiming assaults that happened many years ago.  

Having said that, there are women out there who have lied about being assaulted, for numerous reasons.  The Duke lacrosse incident is on the top of my mind.

Lynch has multiple victims.  This would tell me that these victims are telling the truth.  If that's the case, he should be in prison for a long time.

Compare this (Lynch suspended) to the situation at Princeton a couple of years ago where the starting point guard got kicked out of school the second semester of his senior year because his ex-girlfriend decided after the fact that she really hadn’t wanted to have sex with him again after all. He was accused of a non-crime of “sexual misconduct” because #believewomen and dismissed from school. Unreal.