Going forward

ajb5856

Really no good thread to post this in, but I wanted to say Purdue fans are not taking us lightly.  We are actually..... getting a little love.... from the Boiler nation.  Here is some quick snipits from their message board.

"Nebraska has impressed me the most of any Big Ten team outside of MSU. IMO they will be top 3-5 with OSU and Michigan.

"Right now, if I had to put money on it....I would agree on that top five.....of course a lot can change. Maybe it's not such a bad break with the schedule without trips to Columbus or Lincoln this year. Looooong way to go though.

"Do NOT sleep on Nebraska"

"..... However, this is the most talented Nebraska basketball team of the past 20 years......
This team, through 16 games, has their highest per game scoring average since 1993. They are also on pace to set program records for Blocked shots and Steals. Hell, they had 14 blocks alone vs. Northwestern......

A 5th or 6th place finish in the league and 20 wins is more than attainable for this Husker team."

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/purdue-vs-nebraska-overview.135153/

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

"..... However, this is the most talented Nebraska basketball team of the past 20 years......

This team, through 16 games, has their highest per game scoring average since 1993. They are also on pace to set program records for Blocked shots and Steals. Hell, they had 14 blocks alone vs. Northwestern......
A 5th or 6th place finish in the league and 20 wins is more than attainable for this Husker team."

Pretty sure the person who posted this is a Husker fan.

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Really no good thread to post this in, but I wanted to say Purdue fans are not taking us lightly.  We are actually..... getting a little love.... from the Boiler nation.  Here is some quick snipits from their message board.

"Nebraska has impressed me the most of any Big Ten team outside of MSU. IMO they will be top 3-5 with OSU and Michigan.

"Right now, if I had to put money on it....I would agree on that top five.....of course a lot can change. Maybe it's not such a bad break with the schedule without trips to Columbus or Lincoln this year. Looooong way to go though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  DAMMIT, PURDUE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING US LIGHTLY AND OVERLOOK US!!!!  GAH!!!

This was interesting from that thread:

It looked like Nebraska was really turning the corner a few years ago when Pettaway was there, but they have struggled since. I’ll be interested to see how they do this year.

I’m a fan of Glynn Watson. I really wanted him to be a Boilermaker.

Sure was a strange recruitment that went on with Watson. Thought he was a PU lean then he visited NE and then went there. I've always thought so shady stuff went on there. Think Brian thought so too. Maybe after he's out of school Brian will fill us in.

Here's the full quote on the small lineup: 

“Isaiah Roby is tremendous. I just don’t think it’s in his best interest or even Isaac Copeland’s to battle with the big guys like Dererk Pardon who’s an all-conference-type player and Isaac Haas who’s having all-conference-type numbers, to go in there and think he’s going to play them for 30 minutes and not foul and not get worn out or whatever. Now, certainly I’m going to get that lineup on the floor at important times.”

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Of course if we beat them (when? :) ) we'll see them say things like "How do we lose at home to Nebraska, of all teams."