Nebraska (10-5) vs. Northwestern (10-5) game thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, rr52 said:

Guess that means I'm not allowed to follow along on here. Once I closed out and followed on CBSsports the good NU showed. I've learned my lesson. But will miss the in game commentary.

lol that was for me, was doing my second job and got home when it was 35-35,  the rest is history

10 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Crispin brought up a good observation, that last lineup in was really good. I hope we see more of it. 

I think a lot of that is because that is the lineup that finished against a very tired (because of a short bench) and fouled out Northwestern team.

14 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Crispin brought up a good observation, that last lineup in was really good. I hope we see more of it. 

Crispin was absolutely drooling over that lineup. And he should because it is our best lineup against about 80% of our opponents. Maybe not Purdue, but teams like NW without a true big, absolutely yes. It seems to me everybody who follows this team and understands basketball gets this except Miles. 

38 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

Crispin was absolutely drooling over that lineup. And he should because it is our best lineup against about 80% of our opponents. Maybe not Purdue, but teams like NW without a true big, absolutely yes. It seems to me everybody who follows this team and understands basketball gets this except Miles. 

It was the line up that Miles finished the game with.

36 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

Miles probably does understand it but he has to worry about player development too.

If we lose a game this year because of it and jordy takes things seriously and next year... Well...  you get where I am going considering we return pretty much everyone.

If we solidify that post, next year this team is looking awful good at this point.

1 minute ago, kleitus said:

Miles probably does understand it but he has to worry about player development too.

If we lose a game this year because of it and jordy takes things seriously and next year... Well...  you get where I am going considering we return pretty much everyone.

If we solidify that post, next year this team is looking awful good at this point.

I agree. He absolutely cannot afford to completely throw in the towel on any kind of a post game halfway through a season. Even at risk of losing a game. If, for some reason, Jordy does what we know he's capable of, that will pay in the longer run. It's a risk, but that's life. You have to roll the bones, not just throw them...:)

1 hour ago, NUdiehard said:

I wasn't able to watch the second half. What was the lineup?

There is a place for Jordy and Duby in our rotation.  Coach Miles has had the same starting line up through the first 16 games.  Any change in that line up could affect team chemistry, so you have to be careful.  In fact, at this specific point in time, I am not even 100% sure what our rotation is...meaning, is Tanner now part of the regular rotation, or is he still a "frustration" addition? 

Perhaps a media member could pose that type of question?

11 hours ago, HuskerBB said:

Palmer's "clear out" was a lot like the ones that are called often on Watson.  He beats the guy and gets them chasing and then reverses direction. The defender is moving away so if there is any contact it looks like a push off - but often Watson gets called for that when he really doesn't push off.   In Palmer's case the contact was all initiated by the defender pushing him sideways - he just tried to hold the guy off which you have to let him do if you are going to let the defender make that much contact with his body.

Agree with this, but the extended arm will prompt the call almost every time, except, of course, when the opposing player does it to the NU defender.  NU rarely is on the positive side of these calls.

NU guards are very bad about extending the arm, even if it's more of a brush off than a push.

Edited by NUtball