uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 14 - Del State

Huskerpapa

On 12/23/2017 at 10:35 AM, aphilso1 said:

I missed the game last night.  Didn't watch it or even catch any of the radio broadcast.  But just from looking at the box score it appears the coaching staff approached this game with the mindset of keeping guys fresh.  Here are the only five Huskers to get more than 20 minutes of playing time:

26-Allen

25-Roby

24-Jordy

24-Palmer

23-ET

That's how I felt.  I saw people tweeting about the score not being big enough but it really seemed like we were tinkering out there with lineups and keeping minutes down for some guys.

I also believe Glynn was being taught a minor lesson as well.  We need Glynn.  But we also need him to become more consistent on the offensive end, and that includes providing catchable passes.  I believe a few of his passes were less than acceptable.  We cannot have those lapses as we move to the heart of Big Ten play.  This is not a major snafu, but we have the talent that we can absorb some of those teachable moments.

I also believe Glynn was being taught a minor lesson as well.  We need Glynn.  But we also need him to become more consistent on the offensive end, and that includes providing catchable passes.  I believe a few of his passes were less than acceptable.  We cannot have those lapses as we move to the heart of Big Ten play.  This is not a major snafu, but we have the talent that we can absorb some of those teachable moments.
I'm not sure they were "lapses" per se as much as taking the opportunity against an obviously overmatched opponent to try out some stuff. I think Glynn will he just fine come conference play.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I also believe Glynn was being taught a minor lesson as well.

You probably forgot or missed that Glynn went to the locker room in the first half after landing on a pile and twisting his ankle.

He went to the locker room at the 14:28 point in the first half and came back on the court with 4:26 to go.  He probably plays 20 minutes if that doesn't happen.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

You probably forgot or missed that Glynn went to the locker room in the first half after landing on a pile and twisting his ankle.

He went to the locker room at the 14:28 point in the first half and came back on the court with 4:26 to go.  He probably plays 20 minutes if that doesn't happen.

That certainly may have played a part (and no, I did not forget) but there was also post-game conversation about some of his passes and other miscellaneous "complaints."  Again, not a major concern, but the staff seemed to be using the experience as a coaching moment.