Nebraska defeats FAU; Kate Cain obliterates block record

Bugeaters1

Image result for kate cain instagram nebraska

Nebraska wins 86-69

Freshman Kate Cain records the 3rd triple-double in school history with 24 points, 14 rebounds, 11 blocks

Breaks the record for blocked shots (9)

Breaks the previous school record for blocked shots (10). The team finished with 13

I guess I'll start the thread early since there is some chatter elsewhere. 

View full article

Darn, FAU takes the lead 15-13 on last sec wild trey to end Q1.  Husker ladies were in a scoring 3 min scoring drought, but playing good D#.

Darn, FAU takes the lead 15-13 on last sec wild trey to end Q1.  Husker ladies were in a scoring 3 min scoring drought, but playing good D#.

Huskers lead 37-31 at the half (had lead as much as 8 pts). Playing great defense, Kate with a zillion blocks (seems like) and good rebounding cleaning up the glass. Florida Atlantic is Good, especially Sasha Cedeno who is keeping them in the game with 14 pts. (and 5 timely Treys(55.6% shooting from 3).

Half-time Stats:
upload_2017-12-19_18-2-7.png

Heros of the Game?????? Too many to name. Kate Cain, of course, with triple double (or something like that), a zillion Blocks (not all of which are counted in the Stats), gets knocked to the floor and comes up Laughing :Lol:, Hannah Whitish, Scrappy Emily Wood, Nicea Eliely, Maddie Simon, Jasmine Cincore, Rachel Blackburn, Darrien Washington, Grace Mitchell, and Bria Stallworth; virtually everyone that played! :Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow:

16 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Heros of the Game?????? Too many to name. Kate Cain, of course, with triple double (or something like that), a zillion Blocks (not all of which are counted in the Stats), gets knocked to the floor and comes up Laughing :Lol:, Hannah Whitish, Scrappy Emily Wood, Nicea Eliely, Maddie Simon, Jasmine Cincore, Rachel Blackburn, Darrien Washington, Grace Mitchell, and Bria Stallworth; virtually everyone that played! :Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow:

I would like to add Coach Williams to that list.

32 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

six players in double figures! not sure we will see that again the rest of this season. things start getting a little more difficult starting friday. 

(no idea why this posted above all the other earlier posts???)

Washington State has the size to match the Huskers.

I know I harp on it....

but look at the shooting percentages...50+ % overall, 39% three's.....and wow ....70% free throws.  It makes a huge difference in your prospects of winning the game.

Won't repeat them here, but look at the 4th qtr shooting stats.......those are winners.Way to go ladies !!