Rock Chalk Tock

hhcmatt

Maybe I'm getting caught up in the holiday spirit. Maybe it was that set 5 W the girls got last night. But I got this feeling tomorrow night

https://www.facebook.com/klkntv/photos/a.190491777649944.46692.188017517897370/1735468599818913/?type=3&theater

The volleyball game being broadcasted at the arena should keep some fans around. The mild weather tomorrow afternoon should encourage people to get to the Railyard early. Sold out game against a top 25 "rival". This game now has all the makings of No Sit Sunday only this time it's on a Saturday! Fans we got to do our part tomorrow to protect the vault!

Edited by rwhiston

KU favored by 11.5.

Seems like it should be closer than that for our home game, but sometimes the point spreads are sobering. They spread doesn't mean that we can't win, but it does provide an assessment of where the teams stand. 

I picked us to win. Guess if I felt strongly enough about it, I'd bet a truckload of money on NU and the points would come down. :)

Edited by Chuck Taylor

It is sobering to think of this game in terms of a chart in which Kansas' trend line is at its nadir, while Nebraska's talent is supposedly at its zenith, the game is in Lincoln AND ...

Kansas' line is still 11.5 points higher than Nebraska's.

Oh, for just one day in the sun. Then Kansas can go win another conference championship. (Would this be their 14th in a row?)

Kind of a shocking lack of chatter about this game on the message boards here or at Phog.net.  Maybe because everyone feels the game is a foregone conclusion...a formality.  Oh well, enjoy some music I heard for the first time last night, I think it's pretty good:

Edited by 49r

The Huskers owned James Naismith's Jayhawks, winning four of five games while the inventor of basketball coached at KU.

1900 - Huskers wins 48-8 (maybe we could get a 48-8 head start this year as a commemoration of the first-ever game between the two schools).

1901 - Huskers win 35-29

1902 - Huskers win 23-18

Teams take a break 1903-1905, apparently so KU could learn how to play basketball

1906 - Jayhawks win 37-17

1907 - Huskers 32-19

Frustrated with his inability to defeat Nebraska on a regular basis, Naismith quits and turns the reins over to some guy named "Allen."

I credit Nebrasketball with Kansas' success.

20 minutes ago, jayschool said:

The Huskers owned James Naismith's Jayhawks, winning four of five games while the inventor of basketball coached at KU.

1900 - Huskers wins 48-8 (maybe we could get a 48-8 head start this year as a commemoration of the first-ever game between the two schools).

1901 - Huskers win 35-29

1902 - Huskers win 23-18

Teams take a break 1903-1905, apparently so KU could learn how to play basketball

1906 - Jayhawks win 37-17

1907 - Huskers 32-19

Frustrated with his inability to defeat Nebraska on a regular basis, Naismith quits and turns the reins over to some guy named "Allen."

I credit Nebrasketball with Kansas' success.

Jumbo Stiehm dominated Kansas from 1912-1915, going 6-3 against them.  But then, at the age of 29, the allure of more money drug him to Indiana where he only had to coach football instead of football and basketball.

I know we blew some golden chances to win an NCAA Tournament game in the '90s as a #3, #6 and #8 seed, but I have to think that the smaller tournament size in the '60s and '70s prevented Nebraska from its best chances to win a tournament game.

In fact, a 110-73 victory in 1966 gave KU the Big 8 title (they finished 13-1, with Nebraska second at 12-2) and a spot in the 16-team tournament. NU's other loss in the conference was at CU just a week after the game in Lawrence.

NU went into that KU game ranked 8th in the country and had beaten KU 73-65 in Lincoln earlier. Of NU's five losses that year, two were to KU (one in KC, one in Lawrence). In a 64-team tournament, the Huskers would have been a #3 seed that year.

Heard some chatter that we may see a new uniform for the boys tomorrow. Don’t quote me on that though. I do trust my sources, but I won’t get my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be something to coincide with the 1950s team being back? Maybe another 1950s Jersey like a couple years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk