A Glass Half Full Post From An Old Friend

hhcdave

I felt the exact same way after that St. John’s game, where I was done with Miles.  But my feelings have changed since then.  I truly believe we have a legit chance to finish in the top 6 of a down Big Ten, maybe even top 4. I’m going to cheer for this team and hope some good things will happen. Even though I’m pissed we lost to Creighton today, I was happy with how we played. If we can get Jordy to start playing how he played late last year, I think we have a chance to be a pretty damn good team.

13 hours ago, hhcdave said:

After the St Johns game, I was 99% done with Tim Miles - I'll admit it. I was "up to here" with losing by 20 to mediocre teams on the road - "up to here" with key players transferring or leaving the program early - and "up to here" with coaches leaving and only one post-season appearance.

HOWEVER.......... over the last month........ a strange thing has happened.

I now believe again.

Dave

How Strange, but I also experience the same gauntlet of emotions; But maybe over a somewhat lesser period of time  - - Like every game!  ^_^

But, I also now believe!  I think we are well within the reach of 20+ wins; and a return to the Dance!  :o

13 hours ago, hhcdave said:

First of all, a continued THANK YOU to HHCDIMES for running this place and making it better than ever over the last three years. It's still the premiere fan site for NCAA basketball on the entire Internet, hands down, and it's for NEBRASKA BASKETBALL, which is the most amazing part about it.

Oh, and as to the Above:  :Salute:

Edited by Red Don

Agree totally with you, Dave. The only thing which could push me back off the bandwagon is our (seemingly) annual letdown against a bona fide "cupcake" opponent. Barring major injury problems, this year's team seems to have enough pieces to be on the bubble at the end of the season. Hopefully we will at least be on the cameras on selection day. Being one of the NCAA "play in" teams would be nice.

8 hours ago, hhcdave said:

First of all, a continued THANK YOU to HHCDIMES for running this place and making it better than ever over the last three years. It's still the premiere fan site for NCAA basketball on the entire Internet, hands down, and it's for NEBRASKA BASKETBALL, which is the most amazing part about it.

Hear, hear! 

Thanks to both Dave for starting this site, and Dimes for making it what it is today.   

I hope you’re right. Even with a loss yesterday we look far better than we did a month ago. That team who played at St John’s was brutal. I still worry about us not getting enough wins on the road...and IMO we need to find some sort of solution at the 5. A guy as big as Jordy should not be shooting 30% from the field. Roby needs more minutes(yesterday was due to foul trouble.)  If we can get some improvement at the five we should be in contention down the stretch I would hope. 

• hhcmatt changed the title to A Glass Half Full Post From An Old Friend