uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 11 - @ the CenturyLink Center

uneblinstu

I hate it when Refs ineptness dictates the outcome of a game. Jordy’s reversal and the last two on Glynn were absolutely bad calls. Glynns Fifth was even Egregious. We are the better team athletically, but they just play the Creighton way. I’m confident we could beat them in Omaha if we played again. With a different officiating crew. 

the refs made some bad calls, but that's not why we lost. creighton shot 50% vs nebraska's 38%.

i know roby was in foul trouble, but he needs to be playing 30 minutes from now on. if miles doesn't make that adjustment than miles probably won't be here much longer.

38 combined minutes from jordy, duby, jack, and allen and no points. roby played 13 minutes and had 10 points.

Edited by TimSmiles

This team is extremely talented. Just not sure if Miles can push the right buttons to get us dancing. Seems like our flashes of brilliance are shadowed by bad defense, poor shooting and stagnant offense. I was feeling really good at 9-6 last year but we know how that ended. Would like to see a talented team under Miles live up to their potential this season. I honestly think if he took the training wheels off and let these guys run a little, we would see a boost in confidence. 

The refs totally blew this game IMO they forced us to play Jack who got destroyed on D instead of Roby who had a perfect matchup. Glynn also couldn’t play real defense because he was in foul trouble and the calls at the beginning of the game was horrible. Not to mention the charge call on Jordy and 5th foul call on Glynn. It was horrible and totally dictated the game!

Lost to an inferior opponent.  Refs were truly the difference.  The talent gap between NU-CU is gone, and I've been very cynical about this matchup in the past.

We'll beat their asses next year--we really will, and they know it.  

Let's beat KU instead.  

Edited by LK1

Here's what I don't understand.  Copeland knocks the ball back, and I guess it is a rule that you can go get the ball in the backcourt if you knocked it back there.  However, Copeland grabs the ball and 15 literally grabs his ankle.  Yet, that isn't a foul, but Watson's fifth is a foul?

10 minutes ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

Hopefully the Moos gets loose at the end of the season.   Would be nice to actually make this a rivalry again. 

Meh.  Just another game in the grand scheme of things.  Felt like a rivalry today. Just had some calls go against us and missed some shots.  We will be tough at home and have lots of chances on the road.

-Jack was terrible.  Nearly invisible on offense, and absolutely horrible on defense.

-Didn't think Jordy was as bad as everyone else is saying.  He defended well and hit the glass hard.  Not sure what the #s were, but I'd think we were at least +5 in rebounding when he was on the court.  Obviously those positives were offset somewhat by the pointblank misses (although a few were missed as a result of contact, even thought the contact wasn't called...)

-Would love to see a replay of the reversed call that took Jordy's And-1 off the board.  Looked like his defender was directly under the hoop, not sure how the refs could change the call after the fact to say he wasn't in the protected area.  And in hindsight, it turned out to be the turning point of the game

-WIsh Roby hadn't gotten in foul trouble.  Those three ticky-tack calls really limited his minutes.  When he was on the court creighton had no answer for him

-Cope had a really nice game.

-Thought Taylor should've stayed more aggressive.  Had early success then went invisible

-Palmer was quietly efficient

-Glynn took too many long contested shots, but he did everything else right.  Great defense (THREE of those fouls were bogus, he shouldn't have even been in foul trouble much less tossed from the game) plus did some nice things running the offense.

-Ultimately I feel that we played well enough to win.  Had Roby not gotten boned by the refs, we never would have played Jack.  That alone could've been enough to flip the outcome.  Had Jordy's And-1 not been overturned, the crowd may have been taken entirely out of the game.  That could've changed the outcome.  Had Glynn stayed on the court and our offense not gone stagnant without him, that also may have been enough to flip the outcome.  Had we gotten to the line like we deserved rather than see 1,000 no-calls, that ABSOLUTELY would've flipped the outcome.  But instead the refs called our best guys for breathing near a bluejay, and only called their guys for fouls if our player literally got knocked to the ground.  Fine.  Rant Over.  Time to drink.

We played a decent game. 

Our defense played well enough for us to win.

Our shooting percentage was bad, but my biggest issue was the number of missed bunnies.  That simply can no longer happen.

We were in foul trouble from the outset.  The fouls (and yes I am a Husker fan) seemed lopsided at best.

The timing of calls, and the calls themselves seemed to have an affect on the game.  Good examples being the change in calls on Jordy's possible and three opportunity and Glynn's 5th foul.

Make no mistake, Creighton is a good team and they were at home, but having Glynn, Jordy, James and Isaiah in foul trouble played a big role in our demise.

@hskr4life 

would you not like to be competitive in this series? Or just in general?

Series record under TM:

0-6

Avg score under TM's watch:

60 - 74

overall record under under TM's leadership:

82 - 90

Post season appearance during the TM era:

do these numbers appeal to you? 

7 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Same ole same ole. At least we didn’t get beat by 20. That’s a win for Miles at this point against McDermott. 

Disagree.  Was not same ole same

ole at all.  This is a poor take on the game and the team.  Especially for someone who wasn’t expecting much.

1 minute ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

@hskr4life 

would you not like to be competitive in this series? Or just in general?

Series record under TM:

0-6

Avg score under TM's watch:

60 - 74

overall record under under TM's leadership:

82 - 90

Post season appearance during the TM era:

do these numbers appeal to you? 

Obviously you need to watch more of our games if you don’t think we’re competitive.  

And in on the grand scheme of things... this is 1 game.