Nebraska (6-3) vs. Drake (4-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Husker Ladies Defeat Drake in 2nd OT, 89-84  :Cheer2:   in a real see-saw battle :Catfight: , But hang tough, finishing strong at the end.  :Bow:

Link to Game Stats:  (from Drake BB Site)

http://www.sidearmstats.com/drake/wbball/

No wonder we Won. Hannah played 42 minutes and Jaz played 41. Drake didn't have a chance :Stickouttongue:)

(Bugeaters1 will post Official Husker Stats when they are published later  :))

Edited by Red Don

I listened thru 2 overtimes and with the breakup on the radio from husker.com I just couldn't take it any more so went for a bike ride.  Tried the app for watch espn.com but our cable company doesn't carry espn3 so couldn't watch.  I think I will try to stir the pot and ask the administration why the hell we can't get better service for our WBB program.  Anyway it was a great win and we probably have more to learn watching the tape of this game then the rest of the season put together.

8 minutes ago, HUD said:

I listened thru 2 overtimes and with the breakup on the radio from husker.com I just couldn't take it any more so went for a bike ride.  Tried the app for watch espn.com but our cable company doesn't carry espn3 so couldn't watch.  I think I will try to stir the pot and ask the administration why the hell we can't get better service for our WBB program.  Anyway it was a great win and we probably have more to learn watching the tape of this game then the rest of the season put together.

I hear you.  Streaming radio dropped out Just as Nicea made the basket to Win the game at the Buzzer in Regulation!   YEAAAAA :) (only to find out refs had disallowed the score when the radio resumed  :( - talk about the famous scene in the movie, 'Amalie!').  Then the radio dropped out several times in the OTs.  I think it must be because Huskers.com has some sort of exclusive deal with 'Neulion' (for both video and audio, ostensibly to maxamize revenue - but it sure doesn't maximize the users' experience).  Maybe the Media person for the BB program can help out or explain why the service is so poor.

(BTW, sorry you couldn't get ESPN3)

Husker Ladies Defeat Drake in 2nd OT, 89-84  cheer2.gif   in a real see-saw battle catfight.gif , But hang tough, finishing strong at the end.  bow.gif

Link to Game Stats:  (from Drake BB Site)
http://www.sidearmstats.com/drake/wbball/

No wonder we Won. Hannah played 42 minutes and Jaz played 41. Drake didn't have a chance stickouttongue.gif)

(Bugeaters1 will post Official Husker Stats when they are published later  )
As soon as I make the 4 hr trip home I will post it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hear you.  Streaming radio dropped out Just as Nicea made the basket to Win the game at the Buzzer in Regulation!   YEAAAAA (only to find out refs had disallowed the score when the radio resumed  - talk about the famous scene in the movie, 'Amalie!').  Then the radio dropped out several times in the OTs.  I think it must be because Huskers.com has some sort of exclusive deal with 'Neulion' (for both video and audio, ostensibly to maxamize revenue - but it sure doesn't maximize the users' experience).  Maybe the Media person for the BB program can help out or explain why the service is so poor.

(BTW, sorry you couldn't get ESPN3)
We were sitting there when they made the basket to win the game at the end of regulation it was good.

12 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It seemed the refs make bad calls both way

:Redface:

Sorry, :Redface:  I didn't mean to imply the officials negating Nicea's basket was a bad call (rather just to highlight what bad timing for the radio to drop out).  Officials took the time to review the play to make sure they got it right.  As it turns out I'm just as glad they overturned it.  If they hadn't Drake could say it was a fluke win, just after they (Drake) missed 2 FTs, either one of which could have won it for them.  This way after battling to a draw in the first OT, Husker Ladies won by 5 in the second.  :)

16 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Damn Bugs.  I just went to Huskers.com and they hadn't posted (or I couldn't find) the official stats (Box Score).  :(  Wherever did you find them???  :Confused:

:Confused:

On Huskers .com. I went to teams, then schdule, then the score then box score.

Edited by Bugeaters1

Thanks,  I see it now.  There is a red box at the top of the Drake game page that you must click on to bring up the Box Score.  (I hate navigating the Huskers.com web-site.  It seems to work about as well as the Neulion (cr)ap they use.)

Oh, and Great WIN for the Ladies!  

Edited by Red Don

Totally cold post because I did not listen to the game.  Viewing the box score it appears we had little help from the bench.  I thought we would get more production from Stallworth and Morton(understand that she is recovering from injury). Kissinger’s injury is becoming a major concern.  Happy the ladies earned

a W.

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

Totally cold post because I did not listen to the game.  Viewing the box score it appears we had little help from the bench.  I thought we would get more production from Stallworth and Morton(understand that she is recovering from injury). Kissinger’s injury is becoming a major concern.  Happy the ladies earned

a W.

Stallworth hit some shots early, played alright. Janay played some D when she was in. Jannay is more of a defensive minded player.

3 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

a W.

You missed a hellva game. the Huskers owon the game in regulation, but the refs waved off the basket. to send it into OT.

2 minutes ago, Red Don said:

And looking at the Box Score it looks like we really out-played them in almost every area (except FG % & FTs).

Rebounds;  58-50

Assists; 21-18  (and Drake was one of the leaders in assists per game avg)

TOs; 11-18

Blocks; 7-6

Steals; 11-5

I had a Drake fan sitting behind me, very cool guy knows his womens BB. I told him that if the game got into a FT shooting contest that Drake would win. He also was amazed of the size of Cain. He also asked about Yori, Stephens, Shepard, Clark, Theriot.