Nebraska (7-3) vs. Creighton (6-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Timmy Schlichtenschmidt said:

That's not me. I've been one of those suffering since the Moe Iba era, which sadly, next to the Danny Nee era was our 'Golden Age'. Sigh.

I haven't given up on this bunch, and hope they don't start hanging their heads after a tough stretch of games. But for the sake of the season and of the remainder of Miles tenure, they really need to find their identity as a team, start to gel, play better defense, keep teams off of the offensive boards, and finish their bunnies (looking at you Jordy), or we might have a rinse-and-repeat of last season and be looking at another ride on the coaching carousel.

The joys of being a Nebraska basketball fan. Not for the faint of heart.

If what you say is true, then you have my sincere apology.  Unfortunately your timing to start regularly posting mirrors what we see every year-- a "disgruntled Husker fan" that gushes about creighton and bashes Nebraska, who then disappears a couple days after the creighton game is over.  Happens every year due to the anonymity of the internet.  And I'm in a pretty pissy mood right now for obvious reasons.

4 minutes ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

Miles just stood there after Watson fouls out not touching the Creighton player, that call basically ended the game! Show some emotion Tim, that was one of the worst calls I have seen in awhile.

0-6 against Creighton is not acceptable. 

Then people would have ripped him on here for getting a T at a bad time.  That was probably a bad time for a T as well.  We were still in that one.  Good hold off there.

5 minutes ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

Miles just stood there after Watson fouls out not touching the Creighton player, that call basically ended the game! Show some emotion Tim, that was one of the worst calls I have seen in awhile.

0-6 against Creighton is not acceptable. 

TM probably figured any argument would result in in multiple technical fouls the way things had gone.

I can't post and watch our games at the same time. I thought we played well and got the homered end of this one.

If this was in PBA we would have won comfortably.

I need to get off and continue to feel better by watching the volleyball on ESPNU where NU is up 2 sets to none.

6 minutes ago, Timmy Schlichtenschmidt said:

That's not me. I've been one of those suffering since the Moe Iba era, which sadly, next to the Danny Nee era was our 'Golden Age'. Sigh.

I haven't given up on this bunch, and hope they don't start hanging their heads after a tough stretch of games. But for the sake of the season and of the remainder of Miles tenure, they really need to find their identity as a team, start to gel, play better defense, keep teams off of the offensive boards, and finish their bunnies (looking at you Jordy), or we might have a rinse-and-repeat of last season and be looking at another ride on the coaching carousel.

The joys of being a Nebraska basketball fan. Not for the faint of heart.

I agree with most things what you are saying.  However, disagree on the defense, they held two really good offenses well under their season averages. 

4 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I have one question without looking at the stats.  How many foul shots did we get in the second half and how many in the game.  Again, I am not implying that the refs had anything to do with our loss today (well maybe I am) but the disparity of calls seemed ridiculous.  

Well we shot only 3 all dang day

If you put together a top 10 of the worst officiating calls (fouls only) on this season, the one on Watson today and the one on Roby against Minnesota have to be top 5. Not sure what officials see sometimes but it sure seems like the Huskers are on the wrong side about 98% of the time.

Some may say the turning point was the reversal on Jordy's bucket.

I say it was the two defensive stops we had late in the second half that they still turned into points (both were blocked shots, or damn near to blocks, and they rebounded and put them both back).  Those four points at that point were massive.

So many little things could’ve turned the tide of the game. If Jordy doesn’t chunk those two bunnies, maybe Mac calls a timeout and completely switches personnel, who knows? 

Another random thought. Duby is an incredible shot blocker, one of the better ones we’ve had recently. But his rebounding ability isn’t quite on par..seems like a few loose balls were a bit slippery for him.