Creighton Match-Ups

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, basketballjones said:

What will they be fellas?

Glynn Watson _____________________

Evan Taylor __________________

James Palmer __________________

(wishful thinking) Isaiah Roby _________________ (probably) Jordy Tshimanga ______________

Isaac Copeland _________________

Glynn Watson - Thomas guards him on defense (Glynn is on Mintz defensively)

Evan Taylor - Mintz guards him on defense (Evan guards Foster defensively)

James Palmer - Foster guards him on defense (Palmer guards Thomas defensively)

(wishful thinking) Isaiah Roby - Harrell AND Harrell - Roby

Isaac Copeland - Krampelj AND Krampelj - Copeland

We have the edge here...

If all 10 players were on our team the top 5 players would be

Watson

Foster

Thomas

Copeland

Roby

The  next two off the bench would be

Palmer

Krampelj

Creighton's 3rd best player comes off the bench and that guy is Mitch Ballock.  He is going to frustrate us A LOT

Watson > Mintz

Taylor < Thomas

Palmer < Foster

Roby > Harrell

Copeland > Krampejl

Gill > Ballock

Jordy > Suarez (Hard to compare)

Okeke < Hegner (Hard to compare)

Allen < Alexander

That is our 9 man rotation, I take our guys 5 out 9... and Alexander over Allen is questionable

Edited by big red22

Listen, guys, I get the hopefulness and everything, but as much as it pains me to say it, Creighton is good.

They have good players and they have a system that works for them.

On offense, their system generates good looks at high percentage shots.  And they have players who can convert.  They have guys who will shoot and hit treys with a hand in their face; we have guys who pass up open looks.

I think we'll have to play our best game of the year to beat them.

I'm really worried about Krampelj on the pick-and-roll (or just roll, there's not always a pick).  And if Thomas and Foster get hot from outside, we'll be lucky to stay within 15 points.

We'll see.  I'm hopeful but not confident, if that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm really worried about Krampelj on the pick-and-roll (or just roll, there's not always a pick)

Me too. He's really the guy that will hurt you when you're paying attention to all those 3pt shooters.

If he gets the ball in the paint behind the defense it's going in and he's smooth enough to avoid our shot blockers. He'll do stuff like set up just out of bounds so you'll forget about him.

He's not a guy who draws a ton of contact doing what he does so if we can keep a body in front of him that will help.

If there is a guy that comes from nowhere to kill us though it will be Manny Saurez. He's offensively talented enough and aggressive enough to do damage  but he's not as much of a defensive liability against our bigs.

Sounds like they're going to their original starting lineup with TOBY! over Harrell which makes sense as he's the bigger offensive weapon and blowing our doors off to start the game has been a successful strategy during the Miles era.

If we're going to start Jordy this might be the game to get away from initially trying to feed him.

13 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Sounds like they're going to their original starting lineup with TOBY! over Harrell which makes sense as he's the bigger offensive weapon and blowing our doors off to start the game has been a successful strategy during the Miles era.

If we're going to start Jordy this might be the game to get away from initially trying to feed him.

Perfect time to start Roby.

4 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

In many things, slow and steady is the right call, but I haven't seen this year's squad do well with that strategy yet.

More steady than slow.  I just mean keep going forward.  Play hard, we win. 

And I think I might just pee my pants a liitle bit as the boys walk off with the win.:mellow:

i would not try to outshoot creighton. their whole team is built around shooting. 

they have no shot blockers this year. i would try to attack them at the rim. 

this would be a good game to shorten up the lineup because i don't see duby and jordy having much of an impact in this game. i hope i'm wrong.

Edited by TimSmiles

If Jordy and Duby can stay out of foul trouble, they can have a great impact on the game. I don't think CU has anyone that can body them up. And Jordy, for his issues finishing at the rim, is a very capable passer. They both change a ton of shots on drivers, too. If they can stay out of foul trouble, they can absolutely impact this game for the good.

12 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

If Jordy and Duby can stay out of foul trouble, they can have a great impact on the game. I don't think CU has anyone that can body them up. And Jordy, for his issues finishing at the rim, is a very capable passer. They both change a ton of shots on drivers, too. If they can stay out of foul trouble, they can absolutely impact this game for the good.

cu has no need to body up jordy/duby. they are scoring a combined 4ppg, and creighton has no intention of attacking them in the post. they will draw them out to the perimeter and either shoot right over them or drive right around them. this is the perfect game for roby to play IMO. 

i  would love to see jordy have a 15 and 10 game and duby block 5 shots, but i just don't see it happening tomorrow.

Edited by TimSmiles

If we play well and score more points than Creighton, we will win.

If we play well and hold them to less points than us, we will win.

If we play like we did against Minnesota, we will win.

If we play like dog poop, if we play like we did against St. John's or MSU, we will lose. 

It could be a game of runs, but if Creighton makes a run, and we quit, then we will lose.

I do think we need to shoot in the high 40% range and in the 80% range from the free throw line. 

And yes, Creighton is a good team.  The thing is, we could play well and still lose.  Then again, Creighton could play well and we have the capability to beat them.

Edited by huskercwg

This ad mysteriously popped-up on my Smart Phone so I thot it might be appropriate to post here:  -_-

www.bluejaytermiteandpest.com

"Do have a bug problem that you want gone now? Are you tired of wasting your time trying to control insects and pests? We can help you right NOW! No more bites or embarrassment. Blue Jay Pest Control can handle all the work and worry. Besides daytime appointments, we also provide evening and weekends for your convenience. Call us NOW for a FREE estimate at 402-333-3378."

Edited by Red Don