Burn Creighton Burn

PimpMario

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I've said this in years past regarding Creighton - but I don't feel like it's ever been more relevant than this year. If it didn't say "Creighton" on the front of their jerseys, I don't think we'd be too concerned about this game on paper. This isn't the type of Creighton team that's given us fits in the past, imo. 

This is still a team that can score points, and fast. Creighton or not, I think this team could give us the fits. If we can lock down on defense, we've got a pretty good shot at getting a road win.

I don't hate Creighton as much as I did when they were in a high school conference and got to the tournament every year with Big 12 bottom level talent.  Back then, the game hurt our RPI whether we won or lost.  Doc was right when he said it was bad for Nebraska basketball.  

Now they have proven themselves to be a legitimately average P5 school who sniffs the Top 25 once every few seasons and makes the NCAA tournament a couple of times a decade.  It's no longer a bad game for our RPI.  In fact, it's a pretty nice luxury.  I'm all for it now.  I'm sure Doc would be too.  At least the team we're playing is an honest product now.  

1 hour ago, DudeAbides said:

Grab your business cards folks, and head up to Omaha on Saturday for a day of networking and cheering on the Huskers at the Century Link Center.

If you're looking to get the full effect, hop on over to NOSH and grab a nice glass of Pinot. Maybe a charcuterie tray from Corkscrew. Get together with the guys and iron your sweater vests while discussing Hillary and the economic expansion of the Benson restaurant market.

If you arrive early enough you can utilize the JayBacker Coat Check, catch some sweet, sweet Jazz and even snag a $19.99 rack of lamb in the Lexus Club Lounge. Unfortunately the guaranteed by end of game dry cleaning service is only open to CU alum.

All that being said, the best part of the CLINK, according to many CU fans, is that their pump up song is Glorious by Mackelmore. If that doesn't get your cuff links all rusted, I don't know what will.

Let's burn it to the ground!

5a12dc87e4b00a7a4ce5d867_1455589917779-y

I feel like Creighton making a big deal out of Frazier being there was sort of ironic because it underscores the fact that almost their entire fan base has deeper ties to Nebraska athletics and will probably pull for Nebrasketball once we're relevant. And that shift obviously starts this Saturday.

Also, Benning mentioned on his show this morning that Tommie was there with a friend who's a big booster.

17 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Maybe this will help as well.

That is really sick. Between that and Tommie going on a rant criticizing the Scott Frost I think he has burnt plenty of bridges between him and NU.  Tommie was a great QB and leader on the football field but since graduating he has pretty much become a disaster.

3 hours ago, HuskerBB said:

That is really sick. Between that and Tommie going on a rant criticizing the Scott Frost I think he has burnt plenty of bridges between him and NU.  Tommie was a great QB and leader on the football field but since graduating he has pretty much become a disaster.

What was his complaint about the Frost hire?

51 minutes ago, atskooc said:

What was his complaint about the Frost hire?

"I'm still hearing pockets (of people) out there -- more pockets than not -- that they didn't think this was a good hire," Frazier said.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/driving-for-rimington-s-advice-on-catching-uw-and-frazier/article_e5055ab4-da9c-11e7-8c3a-fbedbad1b63b.html

21 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

"I'm still hearing pockets (of people) out there -- more pockets than not -- that they didn't think this was a good hire," Frazier said.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/driving-for-rimington-s-advice-on-catching-uw-and-frazier/article_e5055ab4-da9c-11e7-8c3a-fbedbad1b63b.html

Sounds like a jealous former coach who couldn't cut it at Doane and hates to see the guy who followed him be much more successful at every juncture post-college. I'm siding with Frosty!

41 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Hardly a rant, but thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that.