Matt Davison

HuskerActuary

There is a discussion started in another thread, but it likely deserves this thread.  Matt has been a good ambassador for football, basketball and Husker athletics in general.  When I heard he wasn't doing today's game, I had the feeling something different for Matt was in the works.  I guess I would like him to have a sign-off game, but not sure  that will happen.  Rumor I heard was that Matt will become Assistant Athletic Director for Football Operations.  That will make him really busy for the foreseeable future. 

I do think Jake will finish the season.  Beyond that will be up in the air.

Again, all of this is based on rumors and my humble feelings...so we shall see how it shakes out.

It might have been just an accidental slip, but Greg Sharpe said that Kent and Matt will be on the call for tomorrow night's game. He said it at the end of sports nightly. Maybe this is Matt"s going away game. Maybe he didn't do Sunday's game just because of Scott's press conference. Has there been an announcement to when his new role begins with the football team?

Edited by jason2486

17 hours ago, jason2486 said:

It might have been just an accidental slip, but Greg Sharpe said that Kent and Matt will be on the call for tomorrow night's game. He said it at the end of sports nightly. Maybe this is Matt"s going away game. Maybe he didn't do Sunday's game just because of Scott's press conference. Has there been an announcement to when his new role begins with the football team?

I would say Matty D is done with hoops' analysis but he still may be able to work the football broadcasts going forward.

Loved the passion that Matt brought to broadcasts.  He really wore his heart on his sleeve, which made us long-suffering Nebrasketball fans feel like we had someone to commiserate with.  That being said, Matt sounded like he chewed gravel on the broadcasts.  I'm looking forward to a color commentator that's a tad easier on the ears.

Kent, as always, is still simply the best.

Edited by aphilso1
grammar

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

Kent and Matt talked at the beginning of the Minny broadcast.

Sounds like it's sort of up in the air for now on when exactly Davison will stop announcing. 

We're not leaving the state the 2018 game vs Northwestern

Seemed to me that Kent was expecting a "farewell" broadcast with Matt, but Matt was a little abrasive with Kent. Matt seemed like he hadn't caught his breath for a few days, which is understandable! Matt didn't provide much insight into what he'll be doing with the football program, but I think he's been put into a great position for him!