Clempson (4-2) vs. Nebraska (4-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Tough, Tough Loss for the Husker Ladies, 67-66  :(

They had chances to win it in a tough, almost out of control game. They had their chances to put it away but couldn't close it out missing shots at the end. Game should never have been that close. Game was a dog-fight :Catfight: and Officiating was terrible. FT shooting was a big difference, 22 (88%) for Clemson, vs 12 (67%) for Lady Huskers. :oops::o

Edited by Red Don

listened to matt and Jeff-----i was hoping he would ask coach (postgame interview) about the toss in to the backcourt when huskers only had two seconds to get it across. miscommunication? how do you not throw it into the front court? i believe Clemson scored a basket on that error to put them ahead for good. difficult to tell listening on the radio, but, did they shut down hannah fairly well? it just seems to me she should be more involved in the offense. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

To those in the know, does it seem Coach Williams has settled on 5 players that will get the bulk of the minutes, or was it how the teams matched up, that dictated who played last night?  Along the same lines, were the match ups not favorable to have Rachel on the floor, or is she limited physically?  If wishing would make her physically 100% again, I'm sure those on this site, would have made her sound long ago. It's impossible not to root for that young lady.    

Edited by 12dozen

To those in the know, does it seem Coach Williams has settled on 5 players that will get the bulk of the minutes, or was it how the teams matched up, that dictated who played last night?  Along the same lines, were the match ups not favorable to have Rachel on the floor, or is she limited physically?  If wishing would make her physically 100% again, I'm sure those on this site, would have made her sound long ago. It's impossible not to root for that young lady.    
It was match ups last night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

26 turnovers is a killer....there's not much hope of winning. 

I didn't get to see the second half...sounds like it was a Donny brook slug it out.  Can anyone add to what happened? Two technicals ?

Just my observation, but we got beat again, by essentially one opposing player scoring 25+ points.  One thing we did well in the past is putting our best defender on their scorer.  We could emulate that and it might make a big difference.  Sometimes it has to be done on the fly...can we adjust on the run.?  

It kind of necessary in the B1G to slow down the top scorer.

Need another scorer to step up and get 15 or so per game. Kissenger can't do it all.  All that  being said really liked what I saw from Janay. She may be a real help...and obviously need Maddie.

We just don't seem to far off from being competitive,....need to get everyone available, the first 6, 7, or 8  players may be more clear if that happens. Need a scorer.

Our overall shooting percentage was better against the "streetballers". Team youth is a factor.

......but 26 turnovers 

Edited by redsteve

I was really disappointed in the Loss to Clemson (imagine how the Team must have felt), but after having some time to reflect on it I'm a lot more optimistic now than I was right after the game. :)

It was not a 'Fun' game;  it was controversial, the officials let it get away from them;  and Matt & Jeff on the radio said it reminded them a lot like Rutgers:  that is playing 'Street' ball :Catfight:. The Lead changed constantly and the game came down to the 'Horn' with the ladies losing by a single point.

Despite the loss, the Husker Ladies lived up to their motto from last season, "Grit; NO QUIT!" They had their chances to win,  BUT, they're a very young team (2 freshmen starters) and will get better throughout the year.  They will easily match the number of wins for the entire last season (hopefully while still in the OOC portion of their schedule); and I think they should at least break-even with a .500 record this season, quite an improvement over the seven wins for all of last season (with the pitiful showing in the B1G/ACC Challenge this year, maybe we'll have an easier time in Conference play this year.  :ph34r:)    They should be a pretty formidable Team in the future with continued growth and experience of the existing players, and incoming recruits next year.