Expectations for the next 5 games?

FredsSlacks

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

Go 2-3 at home.  It's not unreasonable.  It should be expected.  We've put together 3.5/4 good halves of basketball of late.  Gotta play defense and move the ball offensively.  

Which 2 games do you think we can win?  I'm hoping we go 1-4 with our only win coming Wednesday night but wouldn't be shocked if we go 0-5 during this stretch.  The only other game I think we could maybe stay close with is Minnesota but if Roby is still out or not 100%, don't think we can hang with them either.

I can see both Creighton and KU taking us to the woodshed

6 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Which 2 games do you think we can win?  I'm hoping we go 1-4 with our only win coming Wednesday night but wouldn't be shocked if we go 0-5 during this stretch.  The only other game I think we could maybe stay close with is Minnesota but if Roby is still out or not 100%, don't think we can hang with them either.

I can see both Creighton and KU taking us to the woodshed

BC and Minnesota are winnable.  We used to beat KU at home all the time with similar talent, so I think we'll give them all they want as well.  I think MSU and CU are going to beat us handily.  We aren't a road team yet.  

I really, really, like this team's potential to be a bear at home.  

FWIW, here's what Pomeroy has to say about things:

Wed Nov 29   91 Boston College W, 74-72 70 58% Home      
Sun Dec 3   6 Michigan St. L, 79-62 69 6% Away   × a.gif
Tue Dec 5   23 Minnesota L, 79-72 72 27% Home   × a.gif
Sat Dec 9   33 Creighton L, 83-71 73 14% Away     a.gif
Sat Dec 16   1 Kansas L, 80-68 71 13% Home     a.gif

I'd say with Roby sidelined, we should probably be happy if we can manage 1-4 in the next 5.

Well, we don't know yet if Roby will be sidelined, do we? I don't think I'll ever be "happy" going 1-4 in a five game stretch. If they continue to improve defensively and the improved play of Gill and Copeland carries over, we'll have a punchers chance in a couple of those, especially at home. I agree with @LK1 that I think we'll be a real tough out at PBA. Need more from Jordy, too.

Sports can be weird sometimes, especially college basketball. No reason we can't knock off a couple of "giants" the next couple weeks.

When guessing records prior to the start of the season, I penciled in a 1-4 record with a win over BC.  I've seen nothing in the first few games to change my thoughts, especially with Roby out for a bit and at least not at 100% when he comes back.

If they can figure out how to shoot well against a good team, they might pick off one of the other games, but I wouldn't bet on it.