Our next football coach will be...

Huskerpapa

I wouldn't mind Dan Mullen or the guy at Mephis Mike Norvell.   

I did listen to 1620 for awhile today and Damon Benning had some good interesting points of view about Scott Frost.

He thinks it is between UCF and us.  And his reasons why he might not come here were very good and reasonable.

1) He wants to finish what he started at UCF

2) He really likes the quaility of life in FLA.  Can come and go as he wants, can be an unknown when he and family go places.  Can golf year round, and can fall out of a boat and get really good players.

3) He is a family man now and it is tough to change everything right now.

This is all kind of Paraphrasing here but was kind of what he was trying to get through.  He said he has believed this for awhile.  Not saying that Frost won't be our next coach but these are some reasons why.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

kinda like when Frankie took or at dear ole Nebraska U.

TO wanted Frankie to keep the assistants for one year, beyond one year was on Frank.  Part of the problem with almost all head coaches is their want to hold onto their staff.  There is a strong brotherhood that ends up costing the head coach in the end. 

Edited by huskercwg

29 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

TO wanted Frankie to keep the assistants for one year, beyond one year was on Frank.  Part of the problem with almost all head coaches is their want to hold onto their staff.  Their is a strong brotherhood that ends up costing the head coach in the end. 

And thats the point, Frank didn't have any options the first year. So I guess it like the ASU AD wanting to keep the OC, DC. No difference the way I see it.

17 hours ago, huskercwg said:

The AD fired the head coach but wants to retain both offensive and defensive coordinators.  To me, that limits the head coaches who will want that job. 

Not all schools have the luxury of being financial well off and I can only imagine how many keggers ASU would have to throw in order to pay off those contracts.

so since there's no official coaching carousel thread I'll just put this here but man things seem to spiraling out of control now at Tennessee!  Dan Patrick mentioned on his show this morning that people are saying big boosters now want AD Currie fired (been there only 9 months) over this whole Schiano deal.  Wow, that place is a hot mess, not sure how they're going to recover.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Who in their right mind would want to be at Tennessee right now?  My goodness.

I hear Jimbo is taking the A&M job.  That means FSU is open.  Does that mean Frost takes a look there?

He'd be silly not to.  But I don't see how that job is any more appealing than the UF one.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Who in their right mind would want to be at Tennessee right now?  My goodness.

I hear Jimbo is taking the A&M job.  That means FSU is open.  Does that mean Frost takes a look there?

Tennessee peeps are pining for the same thing we are. They wan't a former legendary QB who won a national title and is hot stuff in the up-and-coming ranks to come home.

16 minutes ago, 49r said:

He'd be silly not to.  But I don't see how that job is any more appealing than the UF one.

All of the signals point to NU or staying at UCF for Frost.

Edited by uneblinstu
The spaghetti wasn't hot enough.