Long Beach St. (3-3) vs. Nebraska (4-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Frick. Not what we needed at all.  Roby was getting ready to step into the starting lineup or, at worst, continue as our 6th man.  We can ill afford to lose him until January.  Jack and Jordy are going to have to step up bigly until Isaiah returns.

5 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Glad we got the "W", but it's apparent moving forward that Duby and Jordy will be our achilles heel. If they aren't going to score they at LEAST need to rebound and stay on the floor.

I think you're both on the right track here. I totally agree; For eons we have lacked any sort of presence inside, and now that we have a few nice big guys, they can't score or even do what big men do: rebound. If they can figure it out we'll be in a great position to win games and dominate this season. fingers crossed. :)

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

Anton was hurt in the pre-season open scrimmage.  He needed to recover, and it seems that he has.

Ah, forgot about that. Makes sense. Im really excited about him and these transfers. Now just for chemistry. And those free throws and everything else that needs cleaning.

But I dont want to always look for the problems, I'm focus on positives and use at very least constructive criticism :D

Played good defense for a little over a half... I hope the small ball experiment is over moving forward.  Disappointing that we didn't try zone WITH a center in the game.   I thought Jordy had a lot of really good defensive possessions from a position standpoint, but he'll always be a little awkward against 6'7" centers.. same with Tanner.  Duby's fouls were pretty much idiotic across the board.  But, yes, we were definitely missing Roby.  That Levin kid is a nice player, but Roby would've held his own and given Copeland some needed rest. 

Great game from Watson/Copeland/Gill.  

I thought Allen could've taken Palmer's spot tonight.  Allen made a couple of clutch plays for us that were pretty understated in the win.  

So I'm watching this roundtable after the game with Coach K, Boeheim and Roy Williams (as if they needed any more publicity — and shouldn't they be out paying recruits?), and I'm wondering if they're ever put in a position of having their top three post players out of a game because of foul trouble and/or injuries. How often are they forced to make-do with a stretch forward playing the 5? Sure, they have 13 all-Americans on the roster, but I'm betting officials never let things get to that point for these guys. 

I'm sure it's just sour grapes, but I'm tired of our coaches having to beg for just a little of the advantages these "legends" get during the course of a game and a season. (Cough, Bill Self, cough.)