Nebraska (3-1) vs Central Florida (3-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I was encouraged by the second half, particularly Jordy, but I'm afraid if history is any indication this staff will choose to ignore how well the zone worked.  We actually have a pretty talented roster for zone defense, and it creates a lot of transition points, not to mention being difficult to prepare for.  AND we have a deep enough roster to practice with it.  

But we won't.  

17 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Nebrasketball gonna Nebrasketball. Tim Miles should have been gone after last season. He doesn't look to be taking advantage of his stolen season here. This garbage is getting so old. I wonder if Nebraska will even keep it within 30 points vs Creighton...

This team is going to get better.  I believe it.  We have way too much talent to keep playing poorly. 

Creighton has caught some teams in bad situations.  Northwestern is playing very poorly right now.  Much worse than we are. UCLA lost 3 of their better players for stupidity.  Creighton probably will beat us, but I don't see us needing luck to keep it within 30.

Iowa is returning nearly everyone on their roster and were one of the first four out of the NCAA tournament  They lost to Louisiana and South Dakota State.  Not playing very well.

Just now, brfrad said:

This team is going to get better.  I believe it.  We have way too much talent to keep playing poorly. 

Creighton has caught some teams in bad situations.  Northwestern is playing very poorly right now.  Much worse than we are. UCLA lost 3 of their better players for stupidity.  Creighton probably will beat us, but I don't see us needing luck to keep it within 30.

Iowa is returning nearly everyone on their roster and were one of the first four out of the NCAA tournament  They lost to Louisiana and South Dakota State.  Not playing very well.

I hope so as well.  2-1 in Orlando is still a good result.  However, we need to start playing better.  Way better.

We cannot keep having one good and one bad half.  Have to go 2-1 because schedule gets brutal from now on.

1 hour ago, hhcdave said:

I don't want to be doom and gloom... but I'm having trouble seeing more than 12 wins on the schedule. I don't think one post season appearance out of six years is what any of us had in mind when we opened up the Vault with that magical night against "Dunk City" and dominated them. Such is life, though, and perhaps this group will define all logic and go on an obscene run. GBR

Such is college basketball. It could happen. 

But it's all looking extremely dark and bleak right now. Right now, I don't see it. I'm in a dark place right now. 

Just now, hhcdave said:

I don't want to be doom and gloom... but I'm having trouble seeing more than 12 wins on the schedule. I don't think one post season appearance out of six years is what any of us had in mind when we opened up the Vault with that magical night against "Dunk City" and dominated them. Such is life, though, and perhaps this group will define all logic and go on an obscene run. GBR

The only "obscene run" I've seen so far looks like it went down their leg...

Finally got around to reading this thread. Some points to make: 1. You can not pause this streaming stuff. We watched the first half, paused , ate Thanksgiving meal and settled in to watch second half before pie. Missed the whole second half which did not save. Pretty much cements my jinx status. 2. both football and basketball teams seem to have adopted the same philosophy-Give up insurmountable first half lead and pile up some stats in the second half garbage time. 3. Always nice to have hhcdave check in. He sounds as disgruntled as the rest of us. I still think we have a chance for a decent season if we win next three and manage to find one victory out of the following four. The Big 10 doesn't look as salty as some predicted  so far. It has to start today though.