North Dakota (2-1) vs. Nebraska (2-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Now THIS is more like it! Against a bad/not bad tourney team last year, not bad. Have to figure out wtf is going on with the spotty offensive efforts (effort being the active word here) and lock down on D. 3/4 of the time this team looks REAL bad, then you get flashes where they actually put it all on the court, and you see the talent and team cohesiveness shine thru. 

At this early stage its always too early to judge a team, nor should we; College basketball is always crazy, with these young guys. But that's no longer an excuse. In the grand mosh pit that is CBB, the teams that succeed and win are the ones who simply have chemistry and make the fewest mistakes... the more "mature", if you will. If you can just come together as a team, have a decent amount of talent, hit some shots, and put the effort in, you win most of the games. The luck kicks in on those close games, but in my experience, experience and discipline win those tight ones. That takes you from a .500 team to a 20 win team. 

just my opinion, but I think we all agree that some things need to change. CBB is complex yet mindblowingly simple at times. It's frustrating yet exciting. That's why we watch this sport and these guys (beyond our undying love for Nebrasketball and all the happiness and misery involved in that). 

Family. 

We had a lot of real pretty assists today.  Isaiah and Isaac both see the court very well, but Glynn had a nice ally-opp to Duby and a fast-break bounce pass through two defenders assist that brought me to my feet.  Here is another minor observation, two or three times today we over-passed.  We were passing up open looks for that extra pass, and it was unnecessary.  Also a couple open looks resulted in hesitation (Isaiah) rather than a confident release.