North Dakota is a must win

PimpMario

My father kept telling me this year was going to be the year and that we have all this new talent.

After the first 3 games this team doesn't feel any different to me than any other Miles team.  Maybe it is time to admit Miles can't coach offense very well?

Anyway, looking at our schedule and the B1G this year I think if we don't get the ND win we will struggle mightily trying to get to 16 wins.

1 minute ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I disagree, a loss would cause a lot of hysteria for fans, but this team needs time to get it together. Guys just haven't played together enough.

Heavy roster turnover cannot continue to be an excuse for Tim Miles. In year 6, this is completely his program - both the good things and the bad things.

1 hour ago, HuskerActuary said:

Heavy roster turnover cannot continue to be an excuse for Tim Miles. In year 6, this is completely his program - both the good things and the bad things.

No, it's not an excuse, it's all on Miles' shoulders. I'm just saying it's too early to declare the season a disaster with a loss. A loss to any of the three cream puffs at the end of December? Yeah,  that's inexcusable.

27 minutes ago, skerbball said:

In Nebraska’s defense Cookie Miller didn’t play in the Maryland Baltimore County game. 

God bless you for remembering that, for you kind Sir have spoken like a true Husker fan. Of COURSE we would have beaten MBC if we would - have - JUST - had Cookie Miller! I love it. The Basketball gods had yet again aligned against us, North Dakota will not be granted the same good fortune tomorrow. 

This is as good of thread I've seen as any to ask this: how good or bad can this be going into December 3?

Success at home and Orlando and could be seeing each game in December as a shot. More losses by then and Michigan State, Minnesota, Creighton, and Kansas are looking at 0-fer. 

Get through November alright and 1-3 in the above four games isn't horrible, 2-2 is succcessful, and 3-1 is peak excitement. 

One game at a time as @huskercwg always says. We can do this. 

This might be a tough one to watch...

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/huskers-anemic-offense-seeks-kick-start-against-north-dakota/article_7f144eaa-ddbd-5746-abdf-cc53eafeae5a.html

"Nebraska's field-goal percentage ranks 335th out of 351 Division I teams while the three-point percentage ranks 308th. The Huskers are also in the bottom 60 nationally in assists per game."

11 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Take a deep breath and remember it's a small sample size, and a 28% shooting night is REALLY going to skew your numbers.  

It may be a small sample size for THIS season, but it is unfortunately in line with where we've been the past few seasons. Shooting (or lack thereof) is a systemic issue.

32 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

It may be a small sample size for THIS season, but it is unfortunately in line with where we've been the past few seasons. Shooting (or lack thereof) is a systemic issue.

I respectively disagree, Petteway and Pitchord's shooting has no relation or bearing on the way Palmer or Watson shoot. You can only "Coach 'em Up" so much,  then raw ability and talent have to take over.