Is it time to start Roby?

Handy Johnson

15 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

What about Doobie at the 5 with Copeland AND Roby? Jim and Glynn in the backcourt, certainly are most athletic and offensive line-up. I love everything Taylor brings, but that unit offers so much when it comes to shot blocking, scoring and running the floor. 

I don't see Evan out of the starting line up.  In fact, without looking at the official stats, I would be a bit surprised if Evan is not leading in time played.

32 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Like I said, I'm not Doggin' Taylor. I just find that BIG,  fast line-up intriguing.

Another sort of interesting observation...isn't Duby shorter than both Isaac and Isaiah?  I know both Duby and Isaiah are listed at 6'8" inches but Isaiah looks taller.

3 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Another sort of interesting observation...isn't Duby shorter than both Isaac and Isaiah?  I know both Duby and Isaiah are listed at 6'8" inches but Isaiah looks taller.

Doobie is shorter than both I believe, but he certainly plays BIG. Big thru the shoulders, with the "hops" and that wingspan. Roby, even bulked up from last season, will get pushed around by guys like Lynch and Ward in the B1G. I like the aforementioned 5 for a BIG line-up or go small with Even, Glynn, Jim and Copeland, Roby on the blocks.                           

On 11/21/2017 at 3:23 PM, Handy Johnson said:

What about Doobie at the 5 with Copeland AND Roby? Jim and Glynn in the backcourt, certainly are most athletic and offensive line-up. I love everything Taylor brings, but that unit offers so much when it comes to shot blocking, scoring and running the floor. 

I don't think Miles has seen enough from Copeland or Roby in terms of shooting, ball-handling and defending on the perimeter to go to that lineup much. 

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

I don't think Miles has seen enough from Copeland or Roby in terms of shooting, ball-handling and defending on the perimeter to go to that lineup much. 

A valid point, but what you might lose in ball handling, you would gain in shot blocking and rebounding. Plus, it's nice to have personnel where you can actually tinker with the line-up for a change...   

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

The dude had a game tonight.  Just needs to finish a few of those dunks ;)

He has just seemed way more aggressive the last couple of games. It's what we've been waiting for. A lot of his errors came from him being tentative. Yeah, he had turnovers tonight, but they weren't the same kind of turnovers. And him playing the middle of that 1-3-1 is devastating. He covers so much territory. He's turning into what I was hoping he'd be and he's still a long way from his ceiling.