Nebraska (2-0) Vs. St. Johns (2-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, brfrad said:

I guess it wasn't the total final 9 1/2 minutes.  We did make a 3 after he went to the bench to cut it to 3, but we became unorganized with about 4 minutes left , where you have to bring him back.  We had no clue what we were doing, and needed some experience to help calm us down.

Yeah, it's a brutal situation to be sure. I can't argue either way, but I do understand why he sat him. It's just unfortunate that this team wasn't ready to play at all tonight. I'm not even all that impressed with the Johnnies, either. 

Yeah, by the looks of this, Nebraska will be lucky to keep it within 30 points in their Big East matchup vs Creighton...

That was atrocious, looking forward to getting laughed out of the CLink again in a little over 3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, nustudent said:

We were a bad team last year and have not played well in 5 of the 6 halves they’ve played this far.   Until anything real is shown otherwise, we’re not good 

This is accurate. We very well might have good players but we haven't figured out how to play as a good team. Eastern Illinois might be a serviceable team but a "good team" wouldn't have been sweating them out at home.

I just watched the St John's highlights to see if it really was as bad as it was after calming down a bit. My word of advice is do not watch the highlights. That alley oop they threw off the back board is going to make me sleep uneasy tonight. Let's get some MO back on our side and come out hungry against North Dakota 

12 hours ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

I don’t get Gil. Why are they so high on him?

He's a quick defender who knows where he is supposed to be. Has shown ability to drive and shoot from long range.

I'm not saying that I agree with all of this nor agreeing with the amount of minutes; just putting together the reasons I think he's out there.