Scouting St John's

hhcmatt

Tonight is the biggest game in the Mullin era to date bc of what it means for his critical third season. We win tonight and we're steaming, not limping down to Orlando. This game sets the table for our road trips down South and out West. 

I agree, but we have to also keep in mind that Nebraska isn’t a test like Marquette was tested against Purdue or DePaul was tested against Notre Dame. If we’re an NIT team we should beat Nebraska. If we’re a tournament team we should beat them handily. It’s a big game. I’ll be there.

We'll see boys..... We'll see!

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

He is questionable...not definitely out, correct?  If all he has is a bruise (and yes, that was a brutal fall) that truly is a day-to-day thing. 

Yes Thomas Allen is questionable not out. Said he only participated in half of practice.

Anton on the other hand is "questionable at best" so he is likely a no go tonight.

Saw this elsewhere:

St. John’s must answer Nebraska’s physicality test

In opening the season with two wins for the fourth straight year, the Red Storm (2-0) have demonstrated newfound explosiveness on both ends of the floor, with five players currently averaging double-digit points — St. John’s is shooting 41.2 percent on 3-pointers — and the team forcing 21 turnovers per game.

Though the Cornhuskers (2-0) don’t have the shooters to keep up — hitting just over 30 percent of 3-pointers and less than 40 percent from the field — they could cause trouble in their first visit to Queens with the biggest frontline the undersized Red Storm have seen this season — featuring 6-foot-8 Isaiah Roby, 6-foot-11 Jordy Tshimanga and 6-foot-9 Isaac Copeland.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/16/st-johns-must-answer-nebraskas-physicality-test/

I hope we have two surprises for St. John's:   Trey Defense & our Shooters!  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

Desperately need one of Allen/Gill to heal quickly.   

Gill hopefully is ready to go next week.

We can make it through tonight without Allen but you without those guys for a period of time you look at running Glynn into the ground or having to play Nana/Thor.

3 hours ago, khoock said:

Looks like we will have to rely heavily on:

-Watson

-Palmer

-Taylor

-Copeland

-Jack

-Roby

-Jordy/Duby/Tanner

Went from having abundant depth at guard to having zero depth at guard.  Really got a sick feeling in my stomach seeing TA walking off the floor after hitting that FT.  We need him and Gill both.

It will be interesting to see how Tim uses the lineups. If our bigs can exploit St. Johns lack of size then we can keep Jordy/Duby/Tanner on the floor for most of the game. That would limit the amount of minutes Glynn, James, and Evan all have to play together since none of them really have a back up due injuries. 

Idk if it will work, but i'd like to see a two gaurd lineup with James, Glynn, and Evan rotating in and out of those two spots. Have Jack, Zay, and Copeland man the 3 and 4. And some combination of our bigs at the 5.

Is it game time yet???!