"Raising" Cain

huskerchode

16 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

Oh,  I'm sure she will. 

Coach is just giving her a few games to get "her feet on the ground.  By her interview on Husker.com you could see Cain's a bit overwhelmed moving from H.S. to the B1G...but it ain't taking her long to get in the groove. 

Coach Amy understands what she's working with in Cain. Probably only took a few practices to see what  was in store for Cain. 

Edited by redsteve

I went to the opener and then rewatched the game on BTN Plus when I got home.  I watched Kate quite a bit and you could see she is very smooth in how she moves around for a post.  She is very intelligent in positioning her self and has a nice touch around the basket.  Her height and long arms are something I don't think we have had around here for awhile.  She has a very even demeanor and runs the court well.  Just one game but a big upside especially with the late start she got.  Bria really sets her up nice and the two play well together.

i thought i heard coach say she wanted to break Cain in a bit slowly because she missed some practice time. i believe she was in a boot for a short period.
I think that that thought went out the window for at least Saturdays game. Might happen tonight though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

She seemed to get up and down the floor well.  I didn't notice any limping.  Hopefully she is approaching 100%.  But we do play 4 games in a week and tonight's competition may be the weakest of the four.  If Darrien can knock down her bunnies better she may get more playing time.  I'm sure that with this many games in a short time they also want to limit Rachel's time in any one game.

would love to be more positive, but, think fans are just beginning to get a taste of what the season is going to be like for Rachel. just a guess, but, i would be willing to bet many wbb players would probably hang it up. she is going to be there in any way possible---that's the kind of teammate she is. whether just contributing a few minutes on the floor or support from the bench.

Edited by whoopdeedoo