2017 Gavitt Games Schedule

throwback

So . . . I open this thread and see that Jayskers are all agog about their team.  And then I turn on their game . . . it’s two points in the last seconds.  

And this is the same Northwestern team with that mighty 4 point win over Loyola of somewhere and 9 points over that Saint Peter of who-knows-where.

Whatever.

Minnesota 86, at Providence 74

Purdue 86, at Marquette 71

at Maryland 79, Butler 65

at Seton Hall 84, Indiana 68

Birds 92, at Northwestern 88

Way to go NW and screw it up for NU's chances to clinch it

Thursday, Nov. 16 -- B1G leads 3-2

**5:30 pm – Nebraska at St. John’s, FS1

7:30 pm – Xavier at Wisconsin, FS1

Friday, Nov. 17

7:30 pm – DePaul at Illinois, BTN

10 hours ago, Swan88 said:

So . . . I open this thread and see that Jayskers are all agog about their team.  And then I turn on their game . . . it’s two points in the last seconds.  

And this is the same Northwestern team with that mighty 4 point win over Loyola of somewhere and 9 points over that Saint Peter of who-knows-where.

Whatever.

Not to try and diminish anything, but I think Northwestern is still going to be a good team.  The pattern for them under Collins has been to start off slow (not really doing anything impressive in the non-con) but right about conference season things start to really click for them and they start to become a much better team.

10 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Whatever.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but I never have been called anything as obscene, as scurrilous, as salacious, vulgar or coarse as "Jaysker." I demand an apology, sir! (Oh, and sorry about the misleading handle. Beat the Bluebirds!)

Just now, 49r said:

Not to try and diminish anything, but I think Northwestern is still going to be a good team.  The pattern for them under Collins has been to start off slow (not really doing anything impressive in the non-con) but right about conference season things start to really click for them and they start to become a much better team.

Northwestern looked back to form last night. That was an entertaining game and a pretty impressive showing by the Jays. I'll give credit where it's due. Now let's bring one home against the Johnnies

16 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Northwestern looked back to form last night. That was an entertaining game and a pretty impressive showing by the Jays. I'll give credit where it's due. Now let's bring one home against the Johnnies

I think Collins is one of the best coaches in the Big 10....but unless they fix their bench woes color me shocked if they make it back to the big dance.  Maybe that will change with Falzon making it back...but I was very underwhelmed with their depth. 

Current numbers for tonight's games:

• NU +7 at St J
  • Wisky -3 vs Xavier

So far the B1G is 3-2 vs the number in these games - favorites are 3-2 ATS but with 2 straight-up road wins by dogs:

Minnesota 86, at Providence (-2) 74

Purdue (-5) 86, at Marquette 71

at Maryland (-5.5) 79, Butler 65

at Seton Hall (-13) 84, Indiana 68

Birds 92, at Northwestern (-4) 88

Vegas has slightly undervalued the B1G in these games so far.

Also interesting only one game has been a single-digit margin so far, even though four of the five point spreads have been pretty tight.

Edited by throwback

Happened to catch some of the Creighton game while out for dinner last night. Regardless of how you feel about them, they are fun to watch and pretty good at that. Their front court took a hit as it looks like one of their big guys suffered a moderate to severe injury.

If we can get our bigs, specifically Jordy, playing at a higher level I think we have a definite advantage there.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Happened to catch some of the Creighton game while out for dinner last night. Regardless of how you feel about them, they are fun to watch and pretty good at that. Their front court took a hit as it looks like one of their big guys suffered a moderate to severe injury.

If we can get our bigs, specifically Jordy, playing at a higher level I think we have a definite advantage there.

The struggle for Jordy will be defending screen rolls.   I actually think our best lineup will be with Roby and Copeland at the 4 and 5....maybe even Duby.   Jordy would have a potential advantage on O, but not sure he will fit well defensively..

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Early diagnosis (as in, from Coach McDermott after the game) is that it was probably a high ankle sprain. Those things are tough to get over. Nebraska goes to Omaha in about 3 weeks so I'd anticipate he'll probably still be out by then, or at the very least be limited. Creighton is going to have to decide whether or not they can get by without burning the redshirt of their freshman center Jacob Epperson who is a lot like both Justin Patton and Brady Heiman in that he's really talented but very thin. Hegner would have been good for them to have against a guy like Tshimanga as he is their second-biggest body with the ability to stretch the floor.

Minnesota 86, at Providence 74

Purdue 86, at Marquette 71

at Maryland 79, Butler 65

at Seton Hall 84, Indiana 68

Birds 92, at Northwestern 88

at St John's 79, NU 56

Xavier 80, Wisconsin 70

Well, Thursday's results were absolute garbage - all up to Illinois now

Friday, Nov. 17 -- BE leads 4-3

7:30 pm – DePaul at Illinois, BTN