RIP Don Halladay

Ron Mexico

Don Halladay was a long time member of this board (his user name escapes me) who passed away suddenly from a heart attack this past Sunday.

I got to know Don sitting next to him, his wife and daughter at Husker BB games at the PBA. He was a good man, father, and husband and he will be missed.

Don was a huge Husker Basketball fan who rarely missed a game. His wife and daughter plan to continue to attend games this season in honor of him.

Please keep Don's family in your prayers.

9 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

For his wife and daughter it is my hope that we get that elusive first tourney win. Nothing would make them happier.

That would be wonderful.  I confess I've had visions of years from now my sons standing over my my grave, weeping with tears of joy because the Huskers finally won a tournament game (a-la Cubs fans when they finally won the W.S.). 

God, I hope it doesn’t take that long.

Boy, that's depressing, ain't it?

Edited by hal9000

2 hours ago, hal9000 said:

That would be wonderful.  I confess I've had visions of years from now my sons standing over my my grave, weeping with tears of joy because the Huskers finally won a tournament game (a-la Cubs fans when they finally won the W.S.). 

Boy, that's depressing, ain't it?

Sometimes, for whatever reason, when we want something really bad for the right reason, one that reaches beyond our own selfish desires is when it will happen.

Who knows what will happen this season but if we by chance make it to the NCAA and win a game I certainly won't be happy for myself. 

I'll be happy for Don's wife and daughter and what it would mean to them.

GBR!!