Northwood VS. Nebraska (Exhibition) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, Dean Smith said:

Really have been missing your negativity. That's something most people might think but don't feel the need to type it out after the first exhibition game. 

Funny that my other posts tonight have been positive but those dont get reconized.   Just saying that I struggle grasping why we take a late flier in Thor who really doesnt appear to be very good and we cant reach on instate guys or find someone better with a spot in next years class.

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Funny that my other posts tonight have been positive but those dont get reconized.   Just saying that I struggle grasping why we take a late flier in Thor who really doesnt appear to be very good and we cant reach on instate guys or find someone better with a spot in next years class.

Didn't read any of your other posts and don't feel it necessary for you, I or anyone else to be given positive affirmations for every positive post. I think we have a very small sample size for Thor and he could go either way. I think it wise to maybe wait on more information before making final judgements. I think you are a true Nebraskaball fan but you seem to be suffering from a serious case of the Eeyores. 

4 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

Didn't read any of your other posts and don't feel it necessary for you, I or anyone else to be given positive affirmations for every positive post. I think we have a very small sample size for Thor and he could go either way. I think it wise to maybe wait on more information before making final judgements. I think you are a true Nebraskaball fan but you seem to be suffering from a serious case of the Eeyores. 

Not asking for positive affirmations for every positive post.  Think its ridiculous that one gets accused of negativity though without looking acknowleding the other things said.   So questioning a player who was a curious pick up and hasnt looked good at all early (albeit a small sample size) but also praising the play of two others is a case of the eeyores?

12 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Not asking for positive affirmations for every positive post.  Think its ridiculous that one gets accused of negativity though without looking acknowleding the other things said.   So questioning a player who was a curious pick up and hasnt looked good at all early (albeit a small sample size) but also praising the play of two others is a case of the eeyores?

I see someone else called out your negativity in another post tonight. At this point you just need to embrace who you are live with it.

The jury is likely still out on both Nana and Thor.  Nana is super athletic and when he can harness that talent should be good, but again, we need to wait and see.  Thor seems to have a high basketball IQ.  If he can use that IQ and evolve, then he should be good, but again, we need to wait and see.  Neither has produced the instant gratification that we derive from Thomas Allen. 

I am old school and believe both Thor and Nana would benefit from a redshirt year.  But we will see if the players, families and coaches all agree.

11 hours ago, nustudent said:

If Thor doesn't work out it's easier to get him to leave than it is for an instate guy.  Arop here instead would be great but if that didn't work out he'd be here for 4-5 years. 

I thought Thor showed some moxie.  His play wasn't perfect by any stretch, but I thought he comported himself pretty well out there, honestly.  He had a fairly impressive defensive stop in the low blocks late in the game.  Bodied up on one of their bigs and prevented him from scoring.  Seems to have a good hoops IQ and a good feel for the game.  And pretty smooth behind-the-back dribble in traffic running a break during action in the first half.