Signing Day 11/8/17

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Will we have any early signees? These are the young ladies that I remeber off the top of my head. Is this right?

Liegha Brown

Sam Haiby

Kayla Mershon

Ashton Veerbeek

That's the four and they should all sign during the early signing period starting this Wed. and going for one week.

4 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

That what we were this year as well. Was #20.

Looking at those Rankings UCONN is no where to be found which is weird but then I remembered they don't have any recruits for next year yet if I remember seeing the other day

UCONN with zero recruits should still be a top 10 class. 

The Omaha paper indicates all 4 signed today. 

Great class coming on board. All appear to athletic and can play the game.

Coach Amy definitely has the team in going in the right direction. One of her recent interviews indicated how meticulous she is on picking the best personal (and the individual prospect's characteristics, and how they fit the needs of the team)

Very interested to see how the season goes from here. The next three or four games will be a good indicator.

Good stuff happening for sure.  Positive vibes are coming from the team, and it shows already.

Edited by redsteve

Good class which fills needs and provides depth going forward.  For the class of 2019 we only graduate 2 seniors next year (Maddie and Darien) but will still have four scholarships available.  Would be nice to get another post.  Seems to me coach could afford to redshirt a player or two from the class of 2018 depending on injuries.  I don't know if we will ever have a full roster with 15 scholarships.  Nice to keep one or two in reserve.

This makes three excellent classes in a row.  The sophomore class with Nicea, Hannah, Rachel, Bria and Grace is still the nucleus of our team and if they would have all come together as a recruiting class in 2016 they would have been a highly rated class as well just like the 2017 and 2018 classes.

We definitely are headed in the right direction.  GBR

• 1 month later...