Walter Pitchford is on board

big red22

4 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I love Walt.  Yet, it is still a bit surprising to me that he is still close to the program.  I love that he is, but given the way he departed, it is....at least a bit weird.

I was glad to see him at the scrimmage.  I was afraid when he left there would be some bad feelings.  Apparently, not as bad as I feared.  I've been told Walter has grown up some since that experience.  It's good to see not only that he wants to be around the program but that he feels welcome.  I think his presence disproves all this stuff we'd heard from certain corners about how "everyone hates Miles and can't wait to get out of the program."

I hate to draw parallels between eras, but here goes. I remember when the 90/91 squad hung 100 on Illinois @ the San Juan shootout and everyone was like WHOA, where did that come from? (Illinois was coming off a recent Final Four) but here we are again. No one NOT sitting on a Lincoln bar stool expects us to do squat, but this team is gonna be sneaky good and there will be a handful of WTF moments during the Non-Conference schedule. Bank on it.

7 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I love Walt.  Yet, it is still a bit surprising to me that he is still close to the program.  I love that he is, but given the way he departed, it is....at least a bit weird.

I guess we all make bad decisions when we're in our early 20s. Some people get a tattoo others go to Creighton. I feel Walt made a dumb mistake leaving early and it's unfortunate the NCAA wouldn't let him return. I think he's a nice guy and I'm glad Miles didn't write him off and has welcomed him back as part of the program. 

4 hours ago, rwhiston said:

I guess we all make bad decisions when we're in our early 20s. Some people get a tattoo others go to Creighton. I feel Walt made a dumb mistake leaving early and it's unfortunate the NCAA wouldn't let him return. I think he's a nice guy and I'm glad Miles didn't write him off and has welcomed him back as part of the program. 

My wife married me...

Edited by Silverbacked1