Cornhuskers ranked #91 by ESPN

Handy Johnson

NU comes in at 91 out of 351 according to ESPN. They arrived at that number based on guesswork and something they came up with called %RPM. It is the percentage of possession - minutes a roster returns from last season. For example, Bradley with everyone back has a 100% RPM, Kentucky with one player back has a 7. Nebraska's RPM is at 50% (56% is the average). Just for a reference, Ohio St. comes in at #83, Boston College is #99.

Edited by Handy Johnson

4. Michigan St., 5. Kansas, 6. West Virginia, 12. Purdue, 14. Northwestern, 23. Michigan, 26. Minnesota, 38. Maryland, 43. Wisconsin, 44. Creighton, 50. Iowa, 53. Indiana, 62. Penn State, 63. St. John's, 72. UCF, 83. Ohio State, 86. Illinois, 91. Nebraska, 99. Boston College, 115. Rutgers, 218. Eastern Illinois, 224. North Dakota, 265. UTSA, 297. Marist, 301. Stetson, 347. Delaware St.

Edited by BjoeHusker

12 hours ago, rwhiston said:

Iowa St is number 48 and Mississippi St is number 69. So I'm not wanting to give these rankings too much validity, but I think it's fine to be a little under the radar. Also Illinois is number 86 and lost to Eastern Illinois. Something tells me we'll do ok on Saturday 

Hopefully Iowa St and Miss St's rankings are some what accurate bc that means we beat two decent teams!

I am not sure how good ISU will be this year.  Perhaps as they get healthier, they will improve, but they just struggled in an exhibition win against Emporia State.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/mens-basketball/steve-prohm-not-happy-with-iowa-states-heart-hustle-in-exhibition-win-20171105

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I am not sure how good ISU will be this year.  Perhaps as they get healthier, they will improve, but they just struggled in an exhibition win against Emporia State.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/mens-basketball/steve-prohm-not-happy-with-iowa-states-heart-hustle-in-exhibition-win-20171105

It would be nice if the exhibition teams we have beaten looked better in their other exhibition games. I'm still scratching my head about Miss St getting railed.

14 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Hey, don't sell my Dad's old alma mater (Not to mention the legendary Shang Ping's) short. The Hornets always show some sting in roundball. And old Jimmy was born in Emporia a few years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Ping

If only we had known him as "The Beast" while he was here...

91. Interesting start position. With a new AD that might be in a housecleaning mood, here's to hoping this ranking climbs up another 35 spots or so before the season's over. I'd like to see Timmeh get one more season. 

Here's to sneaking up on everyone all over again. GBR.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:32 AM, jimmykc said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Emporia was also the birthplace of Dean Smith (the real one).

Emporia State also has a local player on the team, Bellevue West product Malik Hluchoweckyj. He started at Miami (OH) before transferring to Emporia. He scored 8 points in that game.  They also have a kid from Omaha North named Tyrell Carroll who is committed there.

1 minute ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Emporia State also has a local player on the team, Bellevue West product Malik Hluchoweckyj. He started at Miami (OH) before transferring to Emporia. He scored 8 points in that game.  They also have a kid from Omaha North named Tyrell Carroll who is committed there.

He was a heckuva WR, IIRC.

Can you imagine having Hluchoweckyj and Thorbjarnson on the same team?