Open Scrimmage

49r

(Here's a write-up on Huskers.com)

Lincoln – Evan Taylor’s basket with 4.7 seconds remaining lifted the White team to a 38-36 win over the Red squad in the Husker Hoops Preview Thursday night at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Taylor, who led the White team with 10 points, drove the lane and hit a driving basket to put the White squad ahead for good in the 20-minute game.  The Red squad had a chance to win at the end of regulation, but a 3-point attempt from Glynn Watson Jr. rolled out at the buzzer.

James Palmer Jr. led all scorers with 17 points for the Red squad, including 10 points in the final run as they overcame a seven-point deficit to tie the score at 36 after a Palmer basket in the final minute.

White - 38
Copeland 6
Tshimanga 4
Allen 8
Gill 6
Trueblood 2
Taylor 10
Roby 2

Red - 36
Okeke 6
Palmer 17
Roby 3
Thornjarnarson 2
Watson 2
Akenten 3
McVeigh 3

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211676483

Edited by Red Don

10 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Sorry, first take, wasn't overly impressed.  Perhaps he will grow on me.

I liked some of it.  His delivery is polished - more like an NBA PA guy - but I think I could do without some of his commentary.  For example I think one time he said someone made a basket "off the glass".   Didn't need that.

46 minutes ago, 49r said:

I liked some of it.  His delivery is polished - more like an NBA PA guy - but I think I could do without some of his commentary.  For example I think one time he said someone made a basket "off the glass".   Didn't need that.

I think there's probably more leeway for that kind of think at the women's games. They're typically a little more laid back. And last night's setting was just fine for that kind of thing. Will be interesting to see how he evolves and polishes his game throughout the season.