Kansas

Handy Johnson

That scrimmage against the Cyclones got me waxing nostalgic about the Ol' Big 8. The Lloyd Noble Center, Jay Randolf, the Antlers, K-State's lavender jerseys, Darnell Valentine. Which brings us to Kansas. From '85 to '95 we went toe to toe with some very good Kansas teams. They've had our number more often than not since then, but I'm excited to get the Jayhawks back in Lincoln. I know they're picked to win the Big XII ( again) but losing Jackson and Mason will have a greater impact then the "experts" will lead you to believe. We're due for a stunner, and knocking off KU would really set the tone for the season. Hell, if Derrick Vick and Co. could do it, why not Jim Palmer and the boys?  

21 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

That scrimmage against the Cyclones got me waxing nostalgic about the Ol' Big 8. The Lloyd Noble Center, Jay Randolf, the Antlers, K-State's lavender jerseys, Darnell Valentine. Which brings us to Kansas. From '85 to '95 we went toe to toe with some very good Kansas teams. They've had our number more often than not since then, but I'm excited to get the Jayhawks back in Lincoln. I know they're picked to win the Big XII ( again) but losing Jackson and Mason will have a greater impact then the "experts" will lead you to believe. We're due for a stunner, and knocking off KU would really set the tone for the season. Hell, if Derrick Vick and Co. could do it, why not Jim Palmer and the boys?  

Hell I don't care if it's Arnold Palmer and the boys, I'd just be happy to get that W.

19 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

It looks like Kansas has nine available scholarship players, and one of those is not eligible until second semester as a midseason transfer.  They have three transfers sitting out this year, the Lawson brothers from Memphis and a PG from Cal.

The midseason transfer MAY be eligible for the Nebraska game (depending on Kansas' academic calendar). Remember: Copeland would have been eligible December 16th (Kansas game) had he not received the waiver.

3 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

The midseason transfer MAY be eligible for the Nebraska game (depending on Kansas' academic calendar). Remember: Copeland would have been eligible December 16th (Kansas game) had he not received the waiver.

KU's semester ends the same day as NU's.

Edited by uneblinstu

Just now, jayschool said:

Receiving votes, I'm guessing.

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted. 

And I checked and Central Florida is receiving votes in the AP poll while CU is receiving votes in the USA Today poll.

On top of what hsker4life posted, there is a real possibility that every team we play in the Advocare tournament will be either ranked or receiving votes in the pre-season AP poll.

UCF is RV, WVa is 11 in one poll and 10 in the other, and Mizzou is RV in both.

That's a brutal schedule under the best of circumstances and we have to find a way to get some Ws in those games and not get demoralized by the inevitable losses. 

Early Big Ten games did us no favors, BTW.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

In a 13 day stretch, we play pre-season #2, #15, RV, #4.  That is in December!!

We have a huge opportunity to set a nice tone well before the KU game.  It would be nice to be at 7 wins before we start that gauntlet on 12/3.

That schedule oughta help 'knock the rust off' before the gauntlet.

• 6 months later...