2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

59 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I'll be curious to see who we get in the Big Ten/ACC game. It'll probably be on the road. If we have everyone return, it'd be fun to get one of the top teams for a change. I'd guess L'ville, Clemson or Notre Dame.

Also, I think we're due for a home game in the Gavitt Games. A Butler, Xavier or Marquette would be cool.

Why am I thinking about next season? I need help...

Marquette against morrow? That would be interesting.

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

I'll be curious to see who we get in the Big Ten/ACC game. It'll probably be on the road. If we have everyone return, it'd be fun to get one of the top teams for a change. I'd guess L'ville, Clemson or Notre Dame.

Also, I think we're due for a home game in the Gavitt Games. A Butler, Xavier or Marquette would be cool.

Why am I thinking about next season? I need help...

How cool would it be to get...

Louisville on the road and Marquette at home!

I went back and looked at conference schedules over the past four years since Maryland and Rutgers joined the conference and since them we've had two home and homes vs. everyone except Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St. and Purdue. Since we only have 5 of those in a season, we won't get all of them next season, but we might get several from that group next year. We had Michigan, MSU and OSU last season. It's not uncommon to have just one year off between teams nor is it unprecedented to see teams get H/H vs. a team in consecutive years. Looking at it, they should be able to have everyone get 5 h/h with every team over the course of 13 years. However, when they expand to 20 conference games, it's gonna start the whole thing over again...

Anyway, I'm guessing we get at least Indiana, Maryland and Purdue next year. Those have been the longest gaps for NU. The other two will be interesting to see.

• 2 weeks later...
This means 30 game season instead of 31, right? 
Isn't the CBE actually an 8 team event with the first rounds being played at home sites?

Win or lose in the "first round" the four home teams advance to KC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, 49r said:

Isn't the CBE actually an 8 team event with the first rounds being played at home sites?

Win or lose in the "first round" the four home teams advance to KC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So, looking at last year's results it does appear to in fact be an 8 team event:  http://www.halloffameweekend.com/classic/history/results

10 minutes ago, 49r said:

Those are different. We won't be in a situation where if we lose we play a 300 rpi team and if we win we play a 30 rpi team. Hopefully we see more opponents like Yale and less like Alcorn St. in those other games, though...

The 2015 and 2016 sub-games were better than last years.

Edited by uneblinstu

I think Miles tips his hand on who we are playing in the Hall of Fame Classic.  These matchups are usually lobbied for and negotiated ahead of time.  If you listen around the 5:40 mark, Miles specifically and only mentions Chris Beard and the outstanding team he has.  He makes no mention of USC, another solid team and would-be marquee matchup, or Misery St.  I may be reading too much into this but I think this is pretty telling.