2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

10 hours ago, nustudent said:

We weren't going to have a shortage of those types of opportunities this year.   And everything corrects itself in time.   

Creighton and Seton hall should be good. What if they're not? 

We should get a road game against an upper level ACC team. What if we don't?

It would make sense for the two teams closest to KC to not play each other in the first round of that tourney. What if we do play a Mizzou St team and they're not good?

What if that B1G schedule lines up weirdly again?

Maybe this doesn't factor into the decision making process but Miles getting only a one year extension seems like something that might motivate a coach to plan on everything not correcting itself this upcoming year.

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Creighton and Seton hall should be good. What if they're not? 

We should get a road game against an upper level ACC team. What if we don't?

It would make sense for the two teams closest to KC to not play each other in the first round of that tourney. What if we do play a Mizzou St team and they're not good?

What if that B1G schedule lines up weirdly again?

Maybe this doesn't factor into the decision making process but Miles getting only a one year extension seems like something that might motivate a coach to plan on everything not correcting itself this upcoming year.

They might not be good.   But someone who is/was expected to be bad might be good.   It will balance itself out.

Not to mention we added 2 power conference games organically with the conference scheduling.   Last year was an outlier.   We are reacting to the exception, not the norm.

I think it's far more likely we are unsuccessful in some of these games and having them come back on us, then the same situation like last year occurring a second year in a row.

Edited by nustudent

Colorado and Iowa played last year in last year's game in South Dakota.

I would guess on us playing someone in the Midwest

Iowa St seems the most probable and we do have a relationship with them as we've been playing them in the secret scrimmage game.

Kansas St really seems like the other former Big 8 school though I wouldn't count out Mizzou or even Colorado again.

Other schools in the general area (within two states) to consider

Wichita St, Marquette, DePaul

Colorado St, Utah St, Wyoming, Boise St (would you consider a MWC team to be "marquee"?)

Darkhorse: Loyola Chicago

Edited by hhcdimes
added Loyola

3 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Colorado and Iowa played last year in last year's game in South Dakota.

I would guess on us playing someone in the Midwest

Iowa St seems the most probable and we do have a relationship with them as we've been playing them in the secret scrimmage game.

Kansas St really seems like the other former Big 8 school though I wouldn't count out Mizzou or even Colorado again.

Other schools in the general area (within two states) to consider

Wichita St, Marquette, DePaul

Colorado St, Utah St, Wyoming, Boise St (would you consider a MWC team to be "marquee"?)

No on marquis for MWC. 

35 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Didn't Miles say recently they're wanting to schedule something with a former Big 12 opponent? I'd put my monies down on ISU or KSU or Mizzou or OU, maybe?

What about Loyola-Chicago?

OU released their schedule yesterday.  They are playing a Nebraska team.  That team just wears blue.  BTW, their non-con is loaded.

15 minutes ago, nustudent said:

They’ll be young.  Lost 5 of their top 7

They do bring in a decent Grad transfer combo guard and if game is the same time as the Iowa-Colorado game from last year they will have Indiana mid-season transfer Curtis Jones available.