2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

• 2 weeks later...

Not to read too much into it, but I can only think of a couple of reasons to play a neutral site P5 game in Sioux Falls -- 1) playing an opponent where we're splitting the difference in travel, Iowa State would be about the only non-conference P5 team that would fit that one - or - 2) we're playing someone who has a player from the Sioux Falls area on its roster and they want to let him play close to home - no idea who that would be, if anyone.

25 or 26 High-Major Games

• 20 B1G games
  • bluebirds
  • Seton Hall
  • ACC game
  • Neutral site game in Sioux Falls
  • 1 or 2 games in KC

So if there's a chance we're playing 2 high major games in KC, that means one of two things -- 1) we have to be playing USC or Tech on the first night. - or - 2) we still don't know who we're playing in KC. I guess the one thing we know for sure is that we haven't been assigned Missouri St for the first night, at least not yet.

Additionally, this could mean -- depending on where the ACC game ends up being (possibly in Lincoln, as was mentioned a few weeks ago) -- our longest trips in the non-con will be Sioux Falls & KC with everything else in Lincoln, with the possibility of 0 non-con road games.

40 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I would presume it would take place at this arena: http://www.dennysanfordpremiercenter.com/events-tickets/calendar-of-events/

Probably at the Sanford Pentagon next door.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Pentagon

They've held an early season game there since it opened in 2013, featuring Wisconsin, St John's, Iowa, Iowa State and Colorado among others.  Colorado has played there twice.  It wouldn't surprise me to see us play Iowa State.

Just now, 49r said:

Probably at the Sanford Pentagon next door.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Pentagon

They've held an early season game there since it opened in 2013, featuring Wisconsin, St John's, Iowa, Iowa State and Colorado among others.  Colorado has played there twice.  It wouldn't surprise me to see us play Iowa State.

Eric In Scottsdale says North Carolina.  ?‍♂️ 

38 minutes ago, throwback said:

Additionally, this could mean -- depending on where the ACC game ends up being (possibly in Lincoln, as was mentioned a few weeks ago) -- our longest trips in the non-con will be Sioux Falls & KC with everything else in Lincoln, with the possibility of 0 non-con road games.

I guess adding a neutral game might be a way to appease the Quadrant system. 0 non-con road games doesn't bode well unless we have a very strong home slate.

8 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

His twitter timeline is a 50-50 hit rate. He said Gates was coming 5 days before it was announced. He also said erstad was getting fired. I’m closer to Sioux Falls than Lincoln so I hope he’s accurate 

The Gates/Nebraska rumor had been going on for about 3 weeks before it became official.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Dépendant on who the opponent is, it shouldn't hurt us too much if we would falter.

Dependant on how we do the rest of the way it could.

We already have a damn tough schedule.  It's overreacton to a fluky outlier year last year.   20 conference games and 6 more majors?   That's damn near unreal for a regular season.  

Whether it is basketball scheduling or anything else, I'm never a fan of making things harder than they need to be.

44 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

With last year's message out there that quad 1 wins matter and quad 1 losses don't might as well go for it with this squad

We weren't going to have a shortage of those types of opportunities this year.   And everything corrects itself in time.