2019 PF Kadin Shedrick -> Virginia

Love seeing us go after another big guy! His frame looks similar to that of Nate Roberts with that long wingspan that makes Jay Bilas salivate. Not a ton of video of him on YouTube but what I saw was a guy who can shoot from a variety of places on the court and has a rim game that isn't just dunking. Obviously he could use some more lbs but he's only a junior. The one thing I noticed was he's not a high energy guy and takes what is given to him. Not always a bad thing if he's make smart decisions but I don't want another JBD down low

Edited by rwhiston

1 hour ago, rwhiston said:

Love seeing us go after another big guy! His frame looks similar to that of Nate Roberts with that long wingspan that makes Jay Bilas salivate. Not a ton of video of him on YouTube but what I saw was a guy who can shoot from a variety of places on the court and has a rim game that isn't just dunking. Obviously he could use some more lbs but he's only a junior. The one thing I noticed was he's not a high energy guy and takes what is given to him. Not always a bad thing if he's make smart decisions but I don't want another JBD down low

picture1.jpegI would love to have another JBD down low. His last year's stats weren't as good as his second year because of the feet problems, but we haven't had any post since be able to put up numbers like that second year. Almost 2 blocks a game his last year is better than any  rim protector we have had since. 

I always thought Jorge Brian Diaz performed well for Nebrasketball when healthy, and I’ve never understood the disrespect he’s endured from these greatest fans in college sports.

But back to Mr. Shedrick, it looks like he has some skills to go with his height.  

Edited by Swan88

IIRC, the very FIRST game Diaz played in (against Mizzou) he broke a tooth.  I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I kind of felt like maybe ever since that point he just didn't have any fire.  Or he was gun shy or something.

But it could also just be totally unrelated.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:29 PM, 49r said:

@Swan88 I think most of it stemmed from his visible lack of emotion.  He didn't display a lot of it, and people interpreted that as passivity.

Or at least that's my theory.  Also, he seemed to be allergic to dunking the ball.  Lots of folks didn't like that about him either.

Part of the no dunking thing was the painful feet.

19 hours ago, basketballjones said:

IMO, if that kid played out west for Sandhills-Thedford, and we just watched that video - most of you would say "thanks but no thanks." No ill-will intended. Just my observation.

Obviously only a junior, with limited video there. Hope he improves and we found a gem. 

He's tall.  Like Mike Daum tall.

• 9 months later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 PF Kadin Shedrick -> Virginia
3 hours ago, rwhiston said:

Good for the kid. Congrats on going to a program who has been consistently near the top in recent years. I know they win and winning is good, but I find Virginia's brand of basketball painful to watch. It reminds me of Sadler's style on offense but with better players.

Thinking the same thing.

7 hours ago, rwhiston said:

Good for the kid. Congrats on going to a program who has been consistently near the top in recent years. I know they win and winning is good, but I find Virginia's brand of basketball painful to watch. It reminds me of Sadler's style on offense but with better players.

Great defensive teams don't do well in the tournament. Or at least that's the criteria I use when I fill out my perfect bracket every year. ?

On 8/22/2018 at 7:01 PM, cjbowbros said:

Great defensive teams don't do well in the tournament. Or at least that's the criteria I use when I fill out my perfect bracket every year. ?

How many times have your teams won?

Me Neither!

Edited by trickey