Exhibition Game: Nebraska at Mississippi St

hhcmatt

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Some quotes... not specific... stated....

"Nebraska isn't even that good."  "They were picked to finish 13th in the Big 10."  "We (MSU) are going to be terrible again this year."

Most of it wasn't that we were good.  It was that they were terrible, played terrible, were missing Ado, yada yada.  Sucks because I expect them to be a decent SEC team this year and I could see that from the game they played today.

Since we beat MSU and we are picked 13th in the big 10+4 does that mean MSU would finish last in the big10+4. That's not very encouraging for them is it.

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Since we beat MSU and we are picked 13th in the big 10+4 does that mean MSU would finish last in the big10+4. That's not very encouraging for them is it.

You would think, that by some of their quotes, their best calf just died.  Someone said "We just need to scratch the basketball program."

I'm going to call it right now that we do not finish 13th in the Big 10 and they finish middle of the SEC.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

You would think, that by some of their quotes, their best calf just died.  Someone said "We just need to scratch the basketball program."

I'm going to call it right now that we do not finish 13th in the Big 10 and they finish middle of the SEC.

I guess if my team was down 23 at home I'd probably be a little pissy. lol

Mississippi State was in the final four in the not too distant past.  Those that remember, are likely similar to Husker football fans who struggle with losing, especially at home.  They are further miffed because of the lack of history and respect for our basketball team.  Good for us, bad for them.  As I have indicated before, we are possibly in the position to provide some shock and awe.  We need to take one step at a time, and not take any outing for granted. 

The step taken today was certainly promising.

That's admirable. Kudos to KU & Mizzou.

How's the game been, 9er?

The game is great.

Mizzou has led for a significant portion of the game but it is close like you would expect. KU is a little thin on depth and young, but really really good.

Missouri will challenge for the SEC title. The fans are on fire here it's a March madness type atmosphere.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just now, 49r said:

The game is great.

Mizzou has led for a significant portion of the game but it is close like you would expect. KU is a little thin on depth and young, but really really good.

Missouri will challenge for the SEC title. The fans are on fire here it's a March madness type atmosphere.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, I suppose KU and Mizzou both have football programs that are a hot mess so it's always hoops season in KC !!!

Bet it's a fun game (even without a rooting interest).

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

"We didn’t show up in the first half which is why I was thinking we shouldn’t play it. My point was that fans would look at the final score and say we suck (which we don’t). Luckily we outscored them by 12 in the second half and at least made it interesting. Nebraska sucks btw."

Yeah, so bad that we had 23pt. lead in the game to win by 4. So if the Huskers SUCK SO DOES MSU.

15 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

"We didn’t show up in the first half which is why I was thinking we shouldn’t play it. My point was that fans would look at the final score and say we suck (which we don’t). Luckily we outscored them by 12 in the second half and at least made it interesting. Nebraska sucks btw."

Sour Grapes?  :mellow:

Mississippi State’s official site has a box score up.  Here is a detail: if you remove the 3 point 0-fers (Isaac and Isaiah), the rest of the team went 8 for 18 from three.  That’s almost 50%.

Also ... here’s a theory: part of being a good exhibition guest is to not blow out the host.  Both Palmer (with 5) and Watson (nothing until a final free throw) shut down their scoring in the second half and let others take up the load.

Edited by Swan88

10 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Sour Grapes?  :mellow:

Nah, nobody knows anything about this team yet. Last anyone knew, NU wasn't very good and we lost three starters off a bad team. They  should assume we'll be bad. Time will tell whether we actually are or not. Same goes for them, too, for that matter. Making any sort of judgment from this game is probably a bit of a fools errand.