Bellwether games

Norm Peterson

I think yer spot on with Goldy the Gopher Norm. With an improved Jordy (right?) and the addition of Copeland and Palmer, our front court should have a better chance of matching up with their big forwards, AND it's at home. We need to get as many wins as we can against the upper half of the B1G if we want to go dancin'  and this would be a good start.

I'm curious whether this will be a true "bellwether" game or not. If it were in the regular season I would agree 100% that it would be. I am just curious to how we manage the game. Are we going to play to win? Or are we going to test out all of our possible player combinations in a game against good competition that doesn't matter? My guess is the latter.

9 hours ago, nuhusker7 said:

I'm curious whether this will be a true "bellwether" game or not. If it were in the regular season I would agree 100% that it would be. I am just curious to how we manage the game. Are we going to play to win? Or are we going to test out all of our possible player combinations in a game against good competition that doesn't matter? My guess is the latter.

Agree with the thought and hope for the latter.  Would be a good game to get the rotation worked on in the first half and then play around with various lineups to see what you have.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

1-2 in the bellwether games.  That was probably as good as we could realistically have hoped for.  I said if we won just one of the three, I'd still feel pretty good.  And I do.

Best part Norm is this was the best one to win of the three by far.