Sign in to follow this  
Bugeaters1

Bill Moos named next NU athletic director

15 hours ago, swmckewon said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think Miles

will benefit greatly - perhaps most - by Moos' hiring. Miles will work well with an AD who's outgoing and extroverted and relationship oriented. Eichorst struggled there, and Miles - unlike Bo - made his share of good faith efforts toward Eichorst. 

This'll sound odd, but you know what could really use a good men's basketball season?

Nebraska football.

Some other sport at Nebraska needs to take the pressure off in the spring/summer. Husker football, regardless of the coach, could use a little less opinionating and talk radio coverage in the offseason. Of course Husker football will always be No. 1, but it wouldn't hurt if the No. 2 story in March was a NCAA berth/NIT run vs, you know, junior day in recruiting.

I think you're dead on with both points Sam.  When we made the NCAA a few years ago and had no sit Sunday, football took a backseat for a few weeks.

20 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

The name of the link is an unfortunate truncation of the headline, which ends with " 's NCAA tournament drought".  And not that he aims to end Nebraska basketball per se.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:35 AM, jimmykc said:

Moo may represent a reverence for life-all life. Topic for discussion over a nice juicy hamburger.

Sounds good to me.  Me loves any reason to sit down and eat a big juicy burger... with plenty of toppings.