Robin's Predictions

JBARGIE

In TT today, Robin predicted the following for season stat leaders:

Assists: Watson

Steals: Watson

Rebounds: Jordy

Blocks: Duby

Thoughts?? I think the only bold prediction is Palmer leading us in points.  My prediction is someone else starts at shooting guard by Big Ten play.

If Palmer ends up leading us in scoring we're looking at minimally 3 guys in Palmer-Watson-Copeland who can put up points for this offense.  We need at least one more IMO (and we'll see what we have when we actually start playing) if we want to content for post season play.

46 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

Thoughts?? I think the only bold prediction is Palmer leading us in points.  My prediction is someone else starts at shooting guard by Big Ten play.

Wow.  I find that almost shocking.

We return a double figure scorer in Watson and add a guy who scored in double figures as a sophomore for G'town.

The only way Palmer leads us in scoring is if he starts.  Every game, not just part time.  And if HE starts, that means one pretty good player or another is coming off the bench.

I wasn't ready to call Palmer a reserve, but I would have been less surprised to find that he's our 6th man than to find that he becomes our leading scorer.

3 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

If Dube averages over 10 minutes a game he's a lock for block leader

I have him around 13ish minutes. I actually might have him as our leader. I dont have my newest stats i was tinkering with in front of me.

I know I have him, Jordy, and Isaiah all averaging 1+ block.

4 minutes ago, khoock said:

I have him around 13ish minutes. I actually might have him as our leader. I dont have my newest stats i was tinkering with in front of me.

I know I have him, Jordy, and Isaiah all averaging 1+ block.

My guess for total blocks would be

1. Dube

2. Roby

3. Jordy

4 hours ago, JBARGIE said:

Can I ask what you mean when you say you predict someone else starts at shooting guard by Big Ten play?  Do you mean someone besides the guy Robin is guessing will lead us in points?

Who are you thinking will be starting at shooting guard at the start of the season who will be replaced by Big Ten play, and who do you think will replace him?

I’ve been told that when Palmer is on, he’s a perfect Petteway/Shields hybrid. Can shoot the lights out, as well as get to the rim with ease. I think he’s been lost in all he hoop-la over Copeland and Glynn, who are still great players, but we can’t just write Palmer off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, WestOHusker said:

I’ve been told that when Palmer is on, he’s a perfect Petteway/Shields hybrid. Can’t shoot the lights out, as well as get to the rim with ease. I think he’s been lost in all he hoop-la over Copeland and Glynn, who are still great players, but we can’t just write Palmer off

CAN shoot lights out as well as get to the rim?  Or CANNOT shoot lights out as well as get to the rim?

9 minutes ago, WestOHusker said:

Can. Spell check is a pain in the butt. They are very high on Palmer and think he’ll definitely be an impact player

So, Glynn, Palmer, Copeland, who and who?

Judging by Robin's predictions, I'm going to assume Jordy would have to start. Not likely to be our top rebounder otherwise.

That leaves Evan, Isaiah, Jack and maybe Thomas Allen as the other guys we've variously heard really good things about who could potentially start.

At the beginning of the school year, I would have thought Isaiah was a shoe-in to be a starter, but I've heard a lot of good things about the other guys, so at this point I'm just very nescient about who that last starter might be.

So, Glynn, Palmer, Copeland, who and who?

Judging by Robin's predictions, I'm going to assume Jordy would have to start. Not likely to be our top rebounder otherwise.

That leaves Evan, Isaiah, Jack and maybe Thomas Allen as the other guys we've variously heard really good things about who could potentially start.

At the beginning of the school year, I would have thought Isaiah was a shoe-in to be a starter, but I've heard a lot of good things about the other guys, so at this point I'm just very nescient about who that last starter might be.

Don’t be surprised if we see a lineup with Evan at the 2 and Palmer as a 3rd guard/3 man. Roby being a starter I think is going to depend on when the coaches feel confident enough in him as a wing player

Don’t be surprised if we see a lineup with Evan at the 2 and Palmer as a 3rd guard/3 man. Roby being a starter I think is going to depend on when the coaches feel confident enough in him as a wing player

Palmer is a baller guys. The only person I see maybe outscoring him is Watson. But it would be very close.

8 minutes ago, WestOHusker said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this, and I'm actually a big fan of this starting group to start the year out. 

I think we have a top six for sure after listening to the Miles radio appearance this week. If Palmer can knock down 3s and be a double digit scorer I will be very optimistic for this season. 

He said that Roby is in the top 5 or for sure 6 I believe or something like that. So starting GW, Copeland, Jordy and you then have Roby / Taylor / Palmer at the other two spots. Guessing he will play a few different starting lineup early to see what clicks. Jack and Allen (TM said he is a 2 guard right now) would seem to be 7-8 I would guess. If that is the case I would vote Taylor being 6th man as he could sub for basically anyone and we can still have a solid 5 and he would seem to be the main PG back up as well. Wildcard is Gill, I do not think he will get big minutes but TM always mentions him so if healthy he might get lots of time.

Season can not get here soon enough

I was going to start a thread on this topic, but this is a good one to jump on to.  Predictions on your top, let's say, four scorers?  You can do more if you want.  You can guess the ppg. if you want too.

I'm going with:

Copeland - 17

Watson - 16

Palmer - 12

Tshimanga -10 

That's four scorers in double figures.  Not sure when that last time we've had that.  

After careful consideration of the comments by Robin Washut, Jacob Padilla and others, I have decided to change my projections for the starting lineup for this year's Nebraska basketball team:

PG  Glynn Watson

SG  Someone really good

SF  Someone really good and better than last year

PF  Someone really good and better than last year

C  Someone really good and better than last year

And that leaves a bench of ...

Someone really good who started last year

Someone really good who probably would have started on last year's team

Someone really good who probably would have started on any Nebraska basketball team in the last 10 years ... except this one.