What are your most annoying calls (or no calls) in basketball officiating

One I can't stand -- offense is driving in for a lay-up, a defender slides underneath, defender and driver make contact, defender falls, offensive guy makes lay-up (and probably falls too) -- and there's no call.... IT'S GOTTA BE SOMETHING!!! Either a block or a charge. Can't just be a no-call. That one drives me insane.  

Second rule that bugs me -- offensive player's driving, defensive player is parallel defending, and offensive player comes crashing into the defender to create contact and get a lay-up attempt, and gets the foul call!  I personally believe no matter what the defender does in this situation it should be a no-call! Offensive players are gifted way too much contact and allowed to barrel in out of control. It's a bail-out call.  

Last, if you are a post defender, and you have your hands straight up in the air, and some offensive player comes charging in and delivers a blow to your chest - it's just friggin physics that your hands are going to come down. Should not be a foul.  

+ 1 on this.

One rule that I would love to see get changed is the out of bounds rule.  I hate it when a team plays great defense and the team inbounding the ball can just call a timeout.  I'd like to see the rule be that once the ref hands you the ball, you either have to get it inbounds or it's a turnover.  This would make the end of the game more exciting and reward a team for playing great defense instead of letting a time out bail them out.  There are way to many TO's for each team to begin with.

I'm gonna throw my hat in on the no charge/block call underneath the basket.  Where I really get angry is when that contact happens and the referee visibly shake his head no and points to the other end of the court as to say "you both suck and  how dare you think I'm blowing my whistle for you."  More arrogant officiating....

The call I hate the most is when an official out @ half court calls a foul on the far side of the court through about 6 bodies. There is no way you can really see what is going on there, and he should trust that the other official who is 5 feet away is in much better position to see what is actually happening.

A foul is a foul in the first minute of the game and the last minute of a game.  Just ask Mean Gene Keady!  Announcers say let the players decide the game.  I agree, but I don't want the officials swallowing their whistle when a violation occurs, even in the last few ticks of the clock.

I don't like the arc under the basket.  If a defender has position it's a charge, pure and simple.

I don't like a bigger, stronger player displacing another player from position.  That should be a foul.

I loved watching Almeida after getting frustrated by Illinois players out jumping him for rebounds resort to getting a run and smashing into them to get position. Never called once last night. Might say more about how the game was officiated.

It was amazing that Almeida didn't get any fouls called on him while doing this.  Looked more like a lineman run blocking.  Well, Andre's version of it.   ;)

The call I hate the most is when an official out @ half court calls a foul on the far side of the court through about 6 bodies. There is no way you can really see what is going on there, and he should trust that the other official who is 5 feet away is in much better position to see what is actually happening.

Yes but...I hated it as a coach when there was an official right next to me and we both see a call and when I asked they responded, "That's not my call."

I agree with Gov, I absolutely hate make-up calls!

Everyone on the floor will make mistakes, players, coaches, and refs. But don't compound the mistake by making another bad "make-up call." Just own up to it and do your best on the next plays. I think if refs would say "Yes, I missed that call" coaches would be a little more understanding. 

Also the worst make-up calls are after a phantom shooting foul, when the one team gets 2 free throws, then the next time down the floor they call a hand check and no free throws for that team! 

A foul is a foul in the first minute of the game and the last minute of a game.  Just ask Mean Gene Keady!  Announcers say let the players decide the game.  I agree, but I don't want the officials swallowing their whistle when a violation occurs, even in the last few ticks of the clock.

I don't like the arc under the basket.  If a defender has position it's a charge, pure and simple.

I don't like a bigger, stronger player displacing another player from position.  That should be a foul.

I loved watching Almeida after getting frustrated by Illinois players out jumping him for rebounds resort to getting a run and smashing into them to get position. Never called once last night. Might say more about how the game was officiated.

It was amazing that Almeida didn't get any fouls called on him while doing this.  Looked more like a lineman run blocking.  Well, Andre's version of it.   ;)

I'm sure the great ship Almeida was sick & tired of the crap calls he had to endure because he's 330 lbs and other guys simply bounce off of him!!  Which brings to mind the other night, when Andre ripped the ball out of Brandon Paul's hand with 1 arm -- the cat-like quickness from the Giant was a thing of beauty -- and it felt like the refs stole the momentum right then & there (which is why Coach Miles got T'd up, I believe).  Refs need to get out of their own way, especially with the flow of a basketball game being so fickle.