1. jayschool

jayschool

• Similar Content

• By 49r
      Well, folks, it's getting to be that time of year again.  Nights are getting cooler (finally), football season is well underway, soon the leaves will be turning, and 49r is starting the KenPom Rankings Thread.  

For anyone interested in viewing last year's thread, you can click here.

We're going to start off this year as always with the upcoming schedule and each team's final rankings from last season, and there is no doubt #98 is not anywhere near where your Huskers are gonna be starting off in the initial KenPom Rankings due around the end of the month.

If I were a betting man, I would say we'll probably be lucky to start off in the top 150 this year, once again putting us squarely in the bottom four of the B1G.  The good news is the guys will have plenty of opportunities early on in the season to make quick jumps up the KenPom rankings with some wins.

So without further ado, here we go!  Hope everyone enjoys!

KenPom rankings as of 4-04-16.
      ==========================   B1G (0-0): 5. Michigan State 14. Purdue 15. Indiana 23. Iowa  25. Maryland 33. Wisconsin 58. Michigan 78. Northwestern 80. Ohio State 98. Nebraska 132. Illinois 146. Penn State 223. Minnesota 291. Rutgers   Non-Conference (0-0): 284. Sacramento State nr. University of Mary 152. Louisiana Tech   ---DirecTV Wooden Legacy--- 59. Dayton 79. / 214. UCLA / Portland 19. / 57./ 126. / 239. Texas A&M / Virginia Tech / New Mexico / Cal State Northridge   ---B1G/ACC Challenge---  48. @Clemson   221. South Dakota 37. Creighton 4. @Kansas 225. Gardner Webb 231. Southern
    • By 49r
      Now that practice has started, I think it's close enough to the season to get the KenPom thread for this year going again (and also to beat Actuary to the punch on starting the KenPom thread, finally).

So, here are the final KenPom rankings for last year with our 2015-16 schedule.  I expect the new rankings to come out in a couple weeks but for now this should be a decent enough spot to start some discussion.

I can see Goodman's point, it does look kinda cupcake-y, but also there's quite a few games that will be much bigger challenges.  What do you think???

KenPom rankings as of 4-06-15.
      ===========================   B1G (0-0): 3. Wisconsin 15. Michigan State 19. Iowa 21. Ohio State 32. Maryland 48. Purdue 53. Indiana 58. Minnesota 69. Illinois 75. Michigan 82. Penn State 118. Northwestern 133. Nebraska 215. Rutgers   Non-Conference (0-0): 347. Mississippi Valley State   ---Gavitt Tipoff Games--- 6. @Villanova   255. Delaware State   ---Barclay's Center Classic--- 312. Southeastern Louisiana 323. Arkansas Pine-Bluff 34. Cincinnati 74. George Washington, 89. Tennessee   ---B1G/ACC Challenge--- 46. Miami   335. Abilene Christian 85. @Creighton 56. Rhode Island 283. Samford 303. Prairie View A&M
    • By HuskerActuary
      KenPom's preseason rankings are released. We are #34. I'll let 49r do his usual, thorough analysis if he wants to.

There are 11 Big Ten teams in the top 40.
    • By 49r
      Looked today and on Kenpom.com, and I see Nebraska comes in as easily the lowest rated B1G team, clocking in at a whopping 216.

Next lowest rated?

Northwestern.

At 90.

Here are the rest...

67 - Penn State
      54 - Illinois
      53 - Iowa
      37 - Purdue
      26 - Minnesota
      12 - Michigan
      5 - Wisconsin
      4 - Michigan State
      3 - Indiana
      2 - Ohio State

Remember the days when we used to chastise Doc for scheduling games against teams in the +200 RPI range?

Yeah...

Happy Halloween everybody!
    • By HuskerActuary
      I thought I would start a new thread for this year's KenPom rankings.

I tweeted at Ken Pomeroy and he told me that his preseason rankings will be released the day after the AP preseason poll is released. That should be fairly soon, shouldn't it?