Jump to content
huskercwg

This should get you a little excited...

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

 

This is the sort of graphic that makes me think that our deepest roster is not deep enough

I'm gonna predict we don't go 0-4 in that stretch.

50 minutes ago, 49r said:

Minnesota at home is the only one we have even the slightest shadow of a chance of winning.

 

The goal is to keep the margin of loss in the other three games under 30...

Seems a little harsh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I'm gonna predict we don't go 0-4 in that stretch.

 

That's not my implication at all.....I'm talking about what happens when we get a little knicked up, tired out, or worse. We're going to be going through a grind most of the month of November and that very much could have us playing a little short handed in some of these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

 

That's not my implication at all.....I'm talking about what happens when we get a little knicked up, tired out, or worse. We're going to be going through a grind most of the month of November and that very much could have us playing a little short handed in some of these games.

I actually meant to quote @noahjb24's graphic... whoops...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I'm gonna predict we don't go 0-4 in that stretch.

Seems a little harsh.

 

Two top 5 teams, one at home and the other on the road.  0-2.  A third that owns us and our coach (on the road to boot) and a fourth that some have as a preseason final 4 dark horse.  We'll be KenPom 100+ more than likely.  You tell me how we get two wins in that stretch...beating Minnesota is going to be a tall enough order.

 

IMO.

Edited by 49r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 49r said:

Two top 5 teams, one that owns us and our coach (on the road) and a fourth that some have as a preseason final 4 dark horse.  We'll be KenPom 100+ more than likely.  You tell me how we get two wins in that stretch...beating Minnesota is going to be a tall enough order.

 

IMO.

Kenpom doesn't play the games. We think we have the deepest, most talented team we've had in years. Two of those games are at home. We have a history of playing well at Breslin and Izzo's teams are rarely in peak form in December. We'll know a lot more about this team in the four games leading up to these. Anything can happen.

Edited by uneblinstu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

Two top 5 teams, one at home and the other on the road.  0-2.  A third that owns us and our coach (on the road to boot) and a fourth that some have as a preseason final 4 dark horse.  We'll be KenPom 100+ more than likely.  You tell me how we get two wins in that stretch...beating Minnesota is going to be a tall enough order.

 

IMO.

 

If the goal is to "keep the loss total under 30," then we haven't gone anywhere in terms of players or the program.  I fail to believe that.

 

If we are where everyone expects us to be, 30 point losses do not happen.  Many expect us to compete every game.  There isn't a game on the schedule we cannot compete in.

 

I'm just saying... if we are going to take that next step... quotes like "keep it within 30," and "don't see a win in this 4 game stretch" are going to have to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Kenpom doesn't play the games. We think we have the deepest, most talented team we've had in years. Two of those games are at home. We have a history of playing well at Breslin and Izzo's teams are rarely in peak form in December. We'll know a lot more about this team in the four games leading up to these. Anything can happen.

 

We didn't play very well in Breslin last year against what would be considered a mediocre MSU team - this year they are a legit national title contender.

 

We haven't beaten Kansas since 2004 - and they will also likely be a legit title contender.

 

Haven't beaten Creighton since Miles has been coach and haven't beaten them in Omaha since 2004 - the trend here is not a pretty one.

 

We have had a modicum of success against Minnesota in the recent past, but they're freakin' loaded this year and will be a tall order.

Edited by 49r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

 

49r...that was last year, let's hold out hope that this year will be different :)

 

 

Yes, I too hope this year will be different.  But really really wanting it to happen, and rationally thinking it actually will happen are a couple different things.

 

I mean, yes we have some pretty nice puzzle pieces to put out there this year.  But until we see how they perform against live competition, we really just don't know what to expect.

 

Thinking that going 2-2 in that December gauntlet is even a possibility at this point is a fools errand.  IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

We think we have the deepest, most talented team we've had in years.

 

One thing to factor in is how well is how much the other Big Ten teams have improved over the years. I don't have a solid answer for that, but theoretically net improvement means how we're faring relative to our competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 49r said:

 

Yes, I too hope this year will be different.  But really really wanting it to happen, and rationally thinking it actually will happen are a couple different things.

 

I mean, yes we have some pretty nice puzzle pieces to put out there this year.  But until we see how they perform against live competition, we really just don't know what to expect.

 

Thinking that going 2-2 in that December gauntlet is even a possibility at this point is a fools errand.  IMO.

9r you are forgetting to wear these...unnamed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 9:10 PM, huskercwg said:

I loved our 1-3-1 when we could put Cookie Belcher at the top of the 1-3-1.  If I recall correctly, Rodney Fields ran the baseline...but perhaps I am misremembering.  Shoot, that was close to 20 years ago.

 

I liked any defense we played with Cookie Belcher involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

 

Looks like Copeland still has a jersey on.  Maybe we could use that to our advantage if we ever have to go shirts/skins this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×