Eichorst Out

hskr4life

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I think this cools Miles seat a little bit.  Riley is not certainly the big target and a new AD won't want to make two big hires in year 1.

Good news for Miles; bad news for Riley.

As hskr4life says, a new AD probably won't want to make two big hires in year 1.  Right now, I'd say odds are pretty good he or she will be making one big hire about the end of November. 

Great proactive decision, IMO.  

Hopefully we won't get cute with the next hire(s).  

It's funny:  the moron ADs who took the pretentious "academic" and "philosophical" approach to hiring rather than the blatantly obvious empirical one were Peterson and Eichorst.  The middle guy--Osborne, who just so happens to have a doctorate in educational psychology--picked coaches with Nebraska ties because he understood the importance of culture and communication in this area. 

All of Osborne's hires--Pelini, Miles, Yori, and Erstad--have a Nebraska commonality, and all of them were more successful than their predecessor.  None of them were celebrity hires, but they were all carefully considered and did not involve some public abstract esoteric boast of "understanding" of coaching philosophy.  What's even more hilarious about the lack of boast is that Osborne is an actual coaching genius, yet he is time and time again dismissed by fans as someone the program shouldn't be seeking for advice.  

The claim of Steve Peterson was that our football program was gravitating to "mediocrity" two years from a national championship appearance and that our insanely innovative offensive system was antiquated.  Idiot.  

The claim of Shawn Eichorst was that he knows championship-calibre football while hiring a coach with a horrendously worse record than the one he fired.  Doofus.  

Hopefully when Osborne is consulted, we will do what he suggests, which probably means the subsequent hiring of AD Alberts and HC Frost.  I agree with the notion that TM might have two guaranteed seasons now, including this one.  

Just don't hire some pretentious idiot who has their head so far up their own ass that they can't see what's right in front of them.  PLEASE.  

Edited by LK1

49 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Let's face it, the products being put forth since Eichorst arrived has gone downhill.  Was time for a change.  Let's hope they get the right person!

His job status was always tied with Riley.  After the start of this year, he was a sitting duck.  Not sure I agree with firing him right now unless we have a replacement lined up.  Really worried the recruiting will now tank. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

His job status was always tied with Riley.  After the start of this year, he was a sitting duck.  Not sure I agree with firing him right now unless we have a replacement lined up.  Really worried the recruiting will now tank. 

Can't make decisions like this based on recruiting. A good coach will be able to get the players here.